Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tefilah Gathering Tonight at the Kotel

m in Israel

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 6:53 am
For those who didn't see in the other thread:

Tonight at 19:00 there will be an atzeret tefilah at the Kotel to daven for the safe return of the 3 kidnapped boys.

May Hashem answer our tefilos and bring home Yaakov Naftali ben Rachel Devorah, Gilad Michael ben Bat-Galim and Eyal ben Iris Teshurah safely and quickly!

amother

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 7:48 am
thank you for posting this info!

I'm amother because I'm embarrassed at my lack of emunah.... I really want to go, but I'm a little nervous to go on the bus. They will probably be packed with people and it's such an opportunity for people who want to hurt us.

I know I sound crazy and paranoid... is there anything anyone can tell me to put me at ease. (And yes I know I can daven for the boys at home too - I've been doing that all day - but I really want to be part of this atzeret)

PinkFridge

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 12:58 pm
amother wrote:
thank you for posting this info!

I'm amother because I'm embarrassed at my lack of emunah.... I really want to go, but I'm a little nervous to go on the bus. They will probably be packed with people and it's such an opportunity for people who want to hurt us.

I know I sound crazy and paranoid... is there anything anyone can tell me to put me at ease. (And yes I know I can daven for the boys at home too - I've been doing that all day - but I really want to be part of this atzeret)

Only hugs from me. But as a mother in chu"l who's sent children to E"Y and let them ride the buses as per seminary recommendations I have just one thing to say: 9-11. We need Siyata d'Shmaya every second of our lives, and spend our days living and taking reasonable risks. This to me would be a reasonable risk.

yalimommy

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 2:03 pm
I just came back from the atzeret tefillah at the Kotel. It was absolutely unbelievable.

The entire plaza was packed with people, davening, crying, beseeching, calling, swaying.

Imagine 30,000 people all calling out, "Hashem hu ha'Elokim!' together, followed by blowing of shofarot and chatzotzrot. The rabbanim who were leading the tehillim and tefillot couldn't stop sobbing.

The whole thing was so powerful, so heartbreaking, so moving.
There was such achdut there- it felt as if Hashem couldn't help but respond to the tefillot........

(The video clips can't capture it properly).
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed