Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Smoking in a building's entrance.

rainbow dash

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 9:59 am
I didn't know where to put this so ill ask here,

Are you or are you not allowed to smoke in a building's entrance where the smoke goes up and into the apartments.

We have new neighbors and their workers and her father smoke downstairs by the entrance and the smell enters our apartment. It snicks and I dont want to go to that part of the house. But its my apartments entrance.

What is the halachic point of view and the law of Belgium?

penguin

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 11:43 am
OP, you've gotten a lot of views but no replies, probably because the majority of people reading don't know the law in Belgium! So you might want to add that to your title & perhaps you'll get a response from s/o who knows.

But I do think the halacha would be that if it's coming into your apt you have a right to ask them to go elsewhere.

When I leave a chasunah hall & there are boys standing around smoking I cover my face with my sleeve & cough. Once in a while, when I'm in a confrontational mood, I will say to them - do you mind moving away from the entrance so those of us who don't choose to kill ourselves don't have to breathe your smoke?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jun 15 2014, 12:39 pm
No idea about Belgium, but I do know that here in the us it is allowed to smoke on your outdoor balcony regardless of whether smoke ends up in your neighbor's apt or whatever. Can you set up a fan to blow air from your apt outward?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions