Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational
Bring Back Our Boys. Worth Watching.
1  2  Next

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 2:50 am
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iWnEjwLGh6k

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:14 am
Oh sure, capitalize on our pain. Use it to make a cheesy song. This will make him famous, eh.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:32 am
I don't see it that way at all.

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:40 am
amother wrote:
Oh sure, capitalize on our pain. Use it to make a cheesy song. This will make him famous, eh.

I think it's excellent. Made me cry. Maybe you don't need it but there's a big world out there and some people are just going on with their lives (yesterday's news). Let those people see the pain that the people close to the situation are feeling. How many teenagers kidnapped by terrorists do people know? These are real teens from real families with real teen friends. Only a professional can portray it as such.

There's a picture of a boy with Tfillin with such a hurt-cry on his face that looks exactly like my 17 yo son (except I've never seen him cry like that), I even went to check if he owns a T-shirt like that boy is wearing. It's not my son but can be and we all know that it can be the boys close to us instead of these 3 boys that were kidnapped.

Why are you amother in your comment?

deena19k

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:43 am
Amother, I don't agree with you at all. It did not advertise the singer at all. I have no idea who was singing even.

I think this is important to keep people crying and davening about it. I know I cried while watching it.

Roots

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:46 am
that was beautiful. thanks for posting!

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:46 am
Anything that can make me cry is worth watching. Anything that can melt our hearts of stone is worth watching. Yesterday, I passed Nof Ayalon and saw a bunch of kids waving flags and signs and I burst out crying. That tefila in my car was alot more intense than most of tefilos at home. שערי דמעה לא ננעלו. The gates of tears are not locked.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:58 am
I saw this posted and made me cry too:

Hey, you !! Yes, you!!
It is totally irresponsible of you to be standing there waiting for a "tremp" ride!!
Stop endangering yourselves and others with this hitchhiking habit!!
What should you do instead? Take the bus. Buses are comfortable , and safe.
Oh, right. Eden Attias was murdered on a bus for being Jewish. But he was asleep. Stay awake on a bus, and you will be fine.
It is probably true that the passengers on the 405 bus that was thrown over the cliff on the Tel-Aviv Jerusalem highway by a (now-released) terrorist were PROBABLY awake when it happened.
So, forget the bus idea.
Taxi. Take a taxi. Expensive but totally safe.
A taxi driver, Gregory Rabinovich, was murdered by terrorists who hijacked his car? I GUESS that could happen even with a passenger inside.... So, skip the taxi idea.
Take a private car. Private cars are even more expensive, but are far safer.
Well, all right, there was the tractor, sorry, two tractors, that were used by terrorists to run over cars . And, I know, Efrat and Yaron Ungar were shot in their own car, on the road from Ashdod to Beit Shemesh. So, maybe that isn't the solution.
JUST WALK!! That is for sure the safest way to go. And it is healthy, too.
Except, of course, when rockets are flying, of which one has no warning until they are about to fall. Ella Abukasis was killed by a rocket while walking, covering her brother and saving his life.
Okay, you know what - just stay home.
The Fogels were murdered in their own home? Well, they were asleep....

Maybe the problem isn't the hitchhiking? Maybe the problem is that there are thousands of people living in the Jewish Homeland, who are educated to hate and attempt to murder Jews. And their educators (teachers, religious leaders, camp counselors, textbooks, and tv programs) are allowed to teach them this, even to train them with weapons, with no repercussions.
It's time for the knesset to close down anti-Jewish and anti-Israeli media, schools and programs of all forms, and to kick the ringleaders OUT.

Anonymous as it comes from my FB page

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 3:59 am
amother wrote:

Wow.

Different people express themselves in different ways. Hashem has given THIS man the gift of expressing himself in music, a talent he is using only to help convey the pain Am Yisrael is feeling Crying Clearly his message didn't reach YOU!

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 4:04 am
Amother at 3.58am - I CANNOT like your post enough! AMAZING!

shev143

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 4:58 am
That was beautiful. Thanks for sharing.

amother

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 5:42 am
Thanks for posting that.

Here in the US, it's easier to just sit back and say, "Oh what a terrible thing #bringbackourboys" etc. without really feeling it, without really understanding the pain or internalizing that these are jewish teenage boys, children!, from real families who are in so much pain right now. The video made me cry but I'm glad it did.

ChossidMom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 5:57 am
Amir Benayoun (popular Israeli singer):

Just a confused Jew singing for you. Don't know right from left. I'm not even dust at your feet, Eyal, Naftali and Gilad......Even a Jew like me must pray today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?.....#t=49

Sanguine

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:09 am
ChossidMom wrote:

Just a confused Jew singing for you. Don't know right from left. I'm not even dust at your feet, Eyal, Naftali and Gilad......Even a Jew like me must pray today.

Excellent. The strength of Eretz Yisrael where every Jew knows he's a Jew

etky

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:20 am
This is a battle that has to be fought on all fronts and youtube, in this day and age, is an important arena.
Anything that raises the profile of this terrible event and that can be disseminated throughout the world is an asset.
Jews should be hanging out banners throughout Jewish neighborhoods all over the world that say Bring Back our Boys. We have to make it a cause celebre especially since the international community (surprise surprise) is downplaying the issue.

m in Israel

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:24 am
ChossidMom wrote:

Those words gave me chills watching that clip. I said in one of the earlier threads that I truly believe a large number of chilonim are davening right now. When push comes to shove the majority of the Jews in this country are not as "non religious" as we often think.

May Hashem answer all our tefilos quickly and bring these boys home safely!!!

Fiveboyz

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 7:53 am
Oh my! What a video. Boy did I cry. These yiddishkeit mamas, tie koach the strength to continue! Ainu bashamyim shma kolainu!!!!

Dovi'smom

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 9:56 am
Wow. I watched both clips.
So powerful. So moving. I'm still crying.

out-of-towner

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 11:06 am
amother wrote:

You know what? If it will make even ONE Jew daven just a little harder for their safe return, the song will be worth more than the most expensive diamond in the world.

And you know what? It touched my heart. Made me cry. Made the situation all the more real for me. So I think it accomplished something. And I'm sure I'm not the only one. Some people actually respond to songs like this and take them to heart, more than the scariest headlines on the news do.

And BTW, I have limited internet, and watching videos drains it, but I felt this was an important one to watch, so I did.

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 5:03 pm
amother wrote:

I thought it was beautiful and it motivated me to daven more than I was originally.

it wont make anyone famous as the singer was not even portrayed in the video.

your entitled to feel that way though if you find it hurtful
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Interesting Discussions -> Inspirational