Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking
Need Breakfast and Lunch Ideas

rainbow dash

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 5:49 pm
Im running out of ideas of what to eat for breakfast and lunch for myself. Thing is I have celiac and im lactose intolerant. I eat mainly rice cakes but need ideas of what to put on it. Peanut butter is too fattening. and im running out of ideas.

TIA

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:05 pm
sunny side up eggs
egg salad
tuna fish
any of the above with fresh veggies
chicken salad
chumus

try making some cornbread and eating it with real maple syrup. yum. I don't have a recipe, but I bet you can make it gluten free.

almond pancakes. pm me for a recipe. it's gluten and dairy free.

homemade jam. it's not hard to make, believe it or not. and it's delicious.

how about fish fillets? skip the rice cakes altogether.

cbg

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:20 pm
I love eggs. Scrambled, sunny side, omelet. It doesn't take too much time and effort.

agreer

Post Wed, Jun 18 2014, 6:35 pm
saute veggies in oil or pam
you can make a veggie kugel with eggs, vegetables, and low-fat mayo (maybe some cornflake crumbs?) and eat alongside the rice cakes... if you make a big one, that can be several days' worth of meals.

granolamom

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 12:59 pm
I usually have nuts and fruit for breakfast, or a lara bar if I'm pressed for time. and a tea Smile
lunch is usually a large salad with some feta cheese, which I guess you can't have if your lactose intolerant. but you could toss in some other protein like nuts, seeds, chickpeas.

I love rice cakes with peanut butter, peanut butter's not that fattening if you dont have so much and it doesnt take much to coat a rice cake.

iamamother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 1:21 pm
try PB2! its great! its basically a powdered peanut butter that u mix with water to make creamy peanut butter without all the fat! u can put it in smoothies too!
http://www.bellplantation.com/

coconutbutter

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 1:26 pm
iamamother wrote:
try PB2! its great! its basically a powdered peanut butter that u mix with water to make creamy peanut butter without all the fat! u can put it in smoothies too!
http://www.bellplantation.com/

I'm a PB junkie so I thought this was heaven sent when I heard about it but I'm really disappointed. I really don't like the flavor at all! Is it just me?

iamamother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 2:12 pm
I cant say that its EXACTLY like regular PB but its def a lot like it.... I cant justify eating the regular one when there is one with so much less calories and fat. I mainly have it in smoothies so theres no difference there or ill dip pretzels in it as a snack...

yamz

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 12:04 pm
what about using soymilk or almond milk? Then you can make oatmeal with gluten free oats and top it with fruit.

You can make tofu scramble instead of scrambled eggs.

What about mashed avocado with salt and lemon juice to top those rice cakes?

You can have a baked potato for lunch. Top it with salsa.

rainbow dash

Post Fri, Jun 20 2014, 2:58 pm
Thanks for the replies. I can't take Soya and im also on the fodmap diet so that limits my choices even more. I really like all the idea's please keep them coming.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Healthy Cooking