Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> The Social Scene -> Entertainment
Potty mouthed Frum boy on Americas Got Talent.Chillul Hashem
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next

Blue jay

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 12:40 pm
he can make people laugh in a wholesome, gluten free kind of way...

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 12:42 pm
a little embarassed here...I did not even get the jokes embarrassed

b from nj

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 12:43 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
I know that the jokes were dirty.
But I have to say, the boy has presence and you can see that he is a funny guy. He can model himself in the comedic stylings of bill cosby or Jerry Seinfeld.
He really could clean up his jokes and make them about his life. He could be hilarious, there is so much more funny material out there.
He could go on and on about jewish mothers... the pressures of being a perfect son.....technology... sibling rivalry etc.

Where do lambs go for haircuts?

At the Baa-Baa-shop..... ( now there is a good joke)

He could really turn this around and make people laugh in a wholesome way......

Sadly, he'd be booed right off the stage by the judges had he made those kinds of jokes. Unfortunately, we live in a very immoral & depraved society.

Ruchel

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 12:52 pm
Seriously the baa baa shop is awful lol. There are many great, non s-xual jokes...

Blue jay

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 12:53 pm
b from nj wrote:
Sadly, he'd be booed right off the stage by the judges had he made those kinds of jokes. Unfortunately, we live in a very immoral & depraved society.

Maybe yes...

But it almost seemed in the video that he was part of the joke instead of the one telling the joke. If not for the panel of judges, that material and presentation would not fly in any comedy club.

Why is Jerry Seinfeld so successful? He is a great storyteller...Bill Cosby the same. The world of a 13 year can be funny, if he could really tap into it... then we all could really laugh. Seinfeld once did a whole shtick about a hair on the hotel shower door. It was hysterical!

we were all 13 once upon a time.... Adolesence offers a ton of material.

Blue jay

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 12:54 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Seriously the baa baa shop is awful lol. There are many great, non s-xual jokes...

But, I made you laugh, didn't I? Very Happy

It wasn't that Baaaa-d!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 1:01 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Maybe yes...

But it almost seemed in the video that he was part of the joke instead of the one telling the joke. If not for the panel of judges, that material and presentation would not fly in any comedy club.

^^^^ THIS

That sums it up perfectly. He was the joke. Thats the perfect way to say it

5*Mom

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 1:02 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
Maybe yes...

Why is Jerry Seinfeld so successful? He is a great storyteller...Bill Cosby the same. The world of a 13 year can be funny, if he could really tap into it... then we all could really laugh. Seinfeld once did a whole shtick about a hair on the hotel shower door. It was hysterical!

we were all 13 once upon a time.... Adolesence offers a ton of material.

If you want to get technical, Seinfeld is funny because of his timing and delivery. This kid is no Jerry Seinfeld.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 1:06 pm
amother wrote:
a little embarassed here...I did not even get the jokes embarrassed

Ask your husband (or PM me)

manhattanmom

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 1:12 pm
I didn't read this whole thread...but I did watch it as it aired on national television and was totally repulsed and embarrassed.

And also a bit thrown off at how proud his parents were of him--and so supportive. Wondering about what their family dinner table is like... (but don't really want to know.)

I also think he was only given a go-ahead because of the judge panel. Other judges--even many celebrities wouldn't go for that--especially from a timid looking 12 year old.

amother

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 2:30 pm
I must disagree with you op (didnt read others replies),
I did not see anything wrong with it. He is a bright boy and I think he did a pretty good job. His jokes were probably on a level of a 16 yr old and above but thats what makes him stand out.
Dirty? yeah but thats his creative mind and these jokes seem to be his own.
I actually applaud the parents for being supportive of their son no matter who he is and what he is doing.
I dont see the connection between jewish and what he did, it does not represent jews at all, it represents him.
Jews with talent should be allowed to get up and speak their mind.
I went anon because I will be bashed

sneakermom

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 2:39 pm
Not seeing anything wrong with it.

How?

DrMom

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 2:51 pm
amother wrote:
I did not see anything wrong with it. He is a bright boy and I think he did a pretty good job. His jokes were probably on a level of a 16 yr old and above but thats what makes him stand out.
I actually applaud the parents for being supportive of their son no matter who he is and what he is doing.
I dont see the connection between jewish and what he did, it does not represent jews at all, it represents him.

There's not much in your post with which I agree.
You think making crude jokes about oral sx (jokes about his MOTHER and oral sx) is "pretty good" and "on the level of a 16-year old"? (What, we should admire him because he's advanced for his age??) A 16-year-old should not be speaking in a disgusting manner in public either.

His parents should be *applauded* for encouraging their son to say these things in front of millions of people?? Are you by any chance his mother?

And he might think he is only representing himself, but when someone walks around in public with a kippah, he is representing all frum Jews (sometimes all Jews period -- depends on the location), whether he likes it or not. That's the whole reasoning behind the concept of chilul HaShem. You are among HaShem's chosen people, and how you behave reflects upon Jews and upon HaShem. If you behave crudely, you reflect poorly on HaShem.

skymile

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 2:54 pm
amother wrote:

the one thing your are right about...

CatLady

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 2:55 pm
The only notable thing was the fact that he's 12. A lot of comedy seems to be based on someone saying something totally unexpected, like a 70-year-old woman in a sweater and pearls namechecking Snoop Dogg, or a sweet-faced 12-year-old coming up with this kind of material.

The real problem is in his delivery, which could be fixed easily by doing a few open mics at comedy clubs. Now that he's got a bit of notoriety, he may actually get a paying gig. Cool summer job!!

The real chillul Hashem is the vitriolic Facebook bashing. Beating up on a 12-year-old kid to this degree is never cool.

CatLady

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 2:56 pm
QueenBee3 wrote:
But, I made you laugh, didn't I? Very Happy

It wasn't that Baaaa-d!

You should feel pretty sheepish about that one.

Dandelion1

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 3:05 pm
CatLady wrote:
You should feel pretty sheepish about that one.

You should both be lambasted for your senses of humor!

Ima2NYM_LTR

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 3:17 pm
aleph wrote:
You should both be lambasted for your senses of humor!

some of these jokes are starting to get a little goateque

Blue jay

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 3:39 pm
LOL

Merrymom

Post Thu, Jun 19 2014, 3:47 pm
I watched it last night and was absolutely horrified, and that was after being mortified that the jewish boy (and his father) couldn't stop touching and wiping his nose with his bare hands. What a chilul Hashem!
Page 5 of 7   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  7  Next Recent Topics