Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Hobbies, Crafts, and Collections -> Reading Room
Interesting review on exodus

das

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 10:44 pm
http://forward.com/articles/19.....tory/

das

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 10:47 pm
I'm definitely not reading book 2 now...

http://articles.chicagotribune.....urnal

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 10:55 pm
I'm going to go look at those links but a quick question: there's a thread floating around in which Deborah Feldman apparently came out. To us, as an Imamother member, before the rumors start. I tried posting on it. Any reason that it's blocked?

ETA: just read those links, das. Bleh. I have a feeling I'll end up skimming the book soon. I don't think I'll be able to read it. Oh well. If she does show up at Book Fair this year I'd wanted to at least have some familiarity with the book.

Last edited by PinkFridge on Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:01 pm; edited 1 time in total

das

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 10:58 pm
It was reported and removed. For good reason, I think. She posted here on Shabbos, begging for a reaction.

PinkFridge

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:04 pm
das wrote:
It was reported and removed. For good reason, I think. She posted here on Shabbos, begging for a reaction.

Ah. The strange thing is, the thread was there, not locked and when I tried to post the message was that it was only for members of that group. Of the intro group? Scratching Head

Well, Deborah, if you can still access Imamother, or if this is open enough for you to read, hugs. I wish you peace. I wish you the opportunity to see the full panoply of your options as a Jewish woman, including educational options, and see why so many of us stick around.

vintagebknyc

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:07 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Ah. The strange thing is, the thread was there, not locked and when I tried to post the message was that it was only for members of that group. Of the intro group? Scratching Head

Well, Deborah, if you can still access Imamother, or if this is open enough for you to read, hugs. I wish you peace. I wish you the opportunity to see the full panoply of your options as a Jewish woman, including educational options, and see why so many of us stick around.

\
every single post I've tried to respond to post shabbat turns out to be one that's locked or vanished. incendiary? me?

amother

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:10 pm
das wrote:

Then why did you start this thread?

sequoia

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:12 pm
Why is everyone so self-righteous, so judgmental, so sure she was in NYC and not somewhere else? It wasn't shabbos yet in CST or anywhere to the west.

At any rate, I sure as he11 am not going to discuss her or her books when she's forbidden to defend herself.

MaBelleVie

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:14 pm
Most of the people discussed on this site would not be allowed to join to defend themselves. I thought she was openly non religious, but truthfully I haven't been following closely.

das

Post Sat, Jun 21 2014, 11:32 pm
amother wrote:
Then why did you start this thread?

I don't respond to posters who have no reason to be amother.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics