Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How to report an innapropriate dr?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

etky

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 4:16 pm
Sanguine wrote:
I didn't think it's weird to check I just thought it was a weird thing to do all day. You know how you sometimes do something repetitively and then when you close your eyes at night that's all you see? Imagine this guy when he closes his eyes at night.

Many (most?) of these surgeons do other type of exams/surgery too. They have certain hours and/or days that they have מרפאת שד when they just do breast exams.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 4:26 pm
Sanguine wrote:
I didn't think it's weird to check I just thought it was a weird thing to do all day. You know how you sometimes do something repetitively and then when you close your eyes at night that's all you see? Imagine this guy when he closes his eyes at night.
Sanguine, that is most definitely not what they do all day. I will tell you that the surgeon that removed my thyroid last summer specializes in thyroid and breast, so he looks at breast some, yes, but not all day. He does other things as well.

Sanguine

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 4:38 pm
Ok, OK, I didn't even know what this guy was. I lived on kibbutz and one day they told us that 5 of us (a carfull) had an appointment somewhere so I went with these other ladies. One by one we went in and he checked. I didn't know what he was (I assumed he was trained in something, not just a pervert Very Happy ). That's it. I thought he does that 9 hours a day.

amother

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 6:15 pm
Dev80 wrote:
Sorry to take away from the OP. I don't really remember exactly what he did (I kept my shirt on for sure) but I just remember thinking like 'that's not what I came for...' I had come for BC before the wedding not for an examination. BH it didn't traumatize me THAT much since I don't really rem.

If it makes you feel better, I'm in the US and my OB does this every year at my yearly appt. If I need a BC refill I still need a full blown appt once a year with a breast exam. He does have a nurse in the room when he does it.

ChutzPAh

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 6:26 pm
Think1st wrote:
Who set the standard? & why ? which perv wouldn't like to get paid for that? Are male hands better at detecting a lump???

Are you under the influence?
I'm sure he enjoys touching ladies smelly pits too.

shabbatiscoming

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 6:41 pm
Think1st wrote:
Who set the standard? & why ? which perv wouldn't like to get paid for that? Are male hands better at detecting a lump???
Not all OBs are male. Not all surgeons are male. Women do this too.
Why such distain?

Frumdoc

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 7:11 pm
Think1st wrote:

Are you ok?

You seem a bit upset.

FranticFrummie

Post Thu, Dec 04 2014, 9:59 pm
Wow, talk about hysteria. Rolling Eyes (pardon the pun)

I have had horrible female doctors who were cold, insensitive, and downright painfully cruel. I have had male doctors who were gentle, respectful, and very sympathetic.

Isn't anyone here worried that their female doctor might be a lesbian, and she's enjoying that exam just a little too much? Would you be happier if you knew your male doctor was gay?

If you think that most doctors are having naughty thoughts about you, then you know nothing about medical school. You get so flooded with images of bodies that they just become part of the job, and you learn how to compartmentalize your feelings. It's called being professional.

If a doctor, regardless of gender, is being professional and respectful, then quit worrying so much. If not, then by all means file a complaint and look for another provider ASAP.

amother

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 12:42 am
I am always amazed when I read these posts about doctors performing exams and an OP interpreting it as misconduct. I am a PA and can tell you with certainty that a gyn is supposed to do a beast exam during a visit- they have to document it as well. A lot of physicians don't do a breast exam to save time but they have to document it to get paid by insurance so they just document a normal breast exam which would be like non edematous , no nipple discharge, non tender etc... The OP didn't mention if the doctor did it in a creepy way or if there was no female aid in the room- because those would be reasons for concern.

shabbatiscoming

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 12:51 am
amother wrote:
I am always amazed when I read these posts about doctors performing exams and an OP interpreting it as misconduct. I am a PA and can tell you with certainty that a gyn is supposed to do a beast exam during a visit- they have to document it as well. A lot of physicians don't do a breast exam to save time but they have to document it to get paid by insurance so they just document a normal breast exam which would be like non edematous , no nipple discharge, non tender etc... The OP didn't mention if the doctor did it in a creepy way or if there was no female aid in the room- because those would be reasons for concern.
in israel there is not always a female aid in the room with the obgyn. thats just not a thing here. and since the OP posted this in aliyah questions, I think we can assume that she is in israel.

luvinlife

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 8:39 am
Dev80 wrote:
Sorry to take away from the OP. I don't really remember exactly what he did (I kept my shirt on for sure) but I just remember thinking like 'that's not what I came for...' I had come for BC before the wedding not for an examination. BH it didn't traumatize me THAT much since I don't really rem.

This particular Dr last name starts with a Z (or maybe TZ), but I don't remember so clearly what happened so if you know what dr I'm referring to and you had only the best experience then I apologize for any mistake I might cause.

I guess a good rule of thumb for any Dr is to go by a personal recommendation of who people use (I've gotten good recommendations on here and on FB), and not just going to some one blindly.

To the mother who suggested writing to the kupah, have you done that? I can't imagine that being super effective. I think I'd try to get some one on the phone, with meuchedet you can get English speakers so you can try and find out if there's anything you can do.

Hugs again, it's hard to trust a dr and then feel violated in some way Hug Hug

OMG I had this same Doc and he was also inappropriate. I never went back! I would only go to a female now. It seems by the way that it's his regular protocol from what I hear from other patients.

scrltfr

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 9:08 am
Any dr that just prescribes bc without examining is doing you a disservice. I don't understand some of you on this board. You think these men went through medical school just so they could look at your breast and vag8na? They are doctors it's their job to examine you!

Think1st

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 12:55 pm
http://articles.baltimoresun.c.....ctors

Just search & u find many more

to frumDoc I understand you need to stick up for the Docs.

But can you please explain why a male's hand would be better @ detecting breast cancer. Or someone who will never carry a baby, would be better then an educated trained & experienced midwife?

This official study proves otherwise http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm.....2137/

amother

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 1:10 pm
I went to s male Ob bec he was excellent and yes he did a breast exam. As a victim of molestation it was hard for me, even w Dh present but I knew it was important.
Heck every internal exam was hard for me. But he was really good.
( I saw a female afterwards for other reasons.)
It is possible your dr was inappropriate and if so, I'm truly sorry. But maybe he wasn't. Hard for us to evaluate...

Barbara

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 1:41 pm
Think1st wrote:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-11-04/features/bal-towson-obgyn-accused-of-photographing-patients-without-permission-featured-in-top-doctors-20131104_1_yacoub-patients-top-doctors

But can you please explain why a male's hand would be better @ detecting breast cancer. Or someone who will never carry a baby, would be better then an educated trained & experienced midwife?

Well, you have to assume that, all things being equal, a man has touched more breasts than a woman, and is therefore more familiar with how they should feel. I mean, how many girls do you think the average doctor has gotten to second base with? While most women haven't felt up other women.

I know. But it makes more sense than your argument. Or your citation that has nothing to do with routine breast examinations.

marina

Post Fri, Dec 05 2014, 2:25 pm
OP, you can ask for a female nurse to be present in the room. Many American doctors now do that automatically to avoid lawsuits.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 9:14 am
The only dr I know that matches that description is dr Zentner and he is 100% definitely NOT inappropriate!!!
I had a hard time with finding a dr who I was comfortable with in Israel and went through quite a few females who were not nice. Finally I got led to him (recommended by lots of ppl) and was very happy!
If you're uncomfortable with men, use a female! But DON'T call a dr doing his job inappropriate!

deena19k

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 12:31 pm
marina wrote:
OP, you can ask for a female nurse to be present in the room. Many American doctors now do that automatically to avoid lawsuits.

Yes, im a nurse in a kupat cholim in israel. The ob gyn I work with always offers this to his patients. I've often sat in the room when patients wanted it. No big deal.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 12:45 pm
amother wrote:
The only dr I know that matches that description is dr Zentner and he is 100% definitely NOT inappropriate!!!
I had a hard time with finding a dr who I was comfortable with in Israel and went through quite a few females who were not nice. Finally I got led to him (recommended by lots of ppl) and was very happy!
If you're uncomfortable with men, use a female! But DON'T call a dr doing his job inappropriate!

Who says it's him? OP can you confirm?
I actually need to go to OB bec. haven't been in while, I would like breast exam. Can you let us know who to stay away from? I just go to whoever is local and has convenient apt.

Frumdoc

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 1:03 pm
Think1st wrote:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-11-04/features/bal-towson-obgyn-accused-of-photographing-patients-without-permission-featured-in-top-doctors-20131104_1_yacoub-patients-top-doctors

1. I am the first to say report an inappropriate doctor, one who abuses their privilege to examine in order to get a vicarious feel. That is disgusting, and anyone who does it deserves to have their doctor status removed (however that works in the US). I would never ever defend such behavior.

Shame on you that you would assume that as a fellow woman, I would think it was ok for members of my own profession to take advantage of other women like that. That is a disgusting accusation. I hope you can take it back. (Not dissimilar to when you accused me of breaking shabbos because I posted at a time it was still shabbos for you, but long gone for me).

2. It matters not whether it is a female or male hand examining for breast cancer. It only matters that it is a trained hand.

There are more male surgeons than female, due to the higher pressures of a surgical career pathway and pre-existing male predominance/ chauvinism that make it difficult for women to beak in. So there are more male breast surgeons than female. If you want to do something about it, train as a breast surgeon or encourage your daughters to. Please.

3. Midwives and obstetricians perform different jobs. Would you like a midwife to handle your eclampsia or heart disease in pregnancy? I am all for normalising pregnancy and labour, and don't care how you have your baby.

I do recommend prioritising a healthy baby over a good birthing experience, but that is just me.

I read a fascinating case of a midwife charged with manslaughter in the 1910s, because there was a massive disagreement between the (male) obstetricians and (female) widwives in London. The doctors had found that going from a woman with puerperal fever to other women greatly increased the chances of the other women getting fevers and dying. This was decreased if they washed their hands. They didn't know about micro organisms, just that there must be something being transferred, and was removed by handwashing.

The midwives disagreed, and said the doctors were trying to take over their job, unnecessarily medicalising childbirth and traumatising women. They said washing their hands was unnecessary, and refused. The court found they were guilty of manslaughter by transferring infection in the knowledge of the risk of death, and did kill many women.

Maybe the doctors aren't always wrong, and the midwives aren't always right?
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions