Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions
How to report an innapropriate dr?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

Ruchel

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 2:00 pm
I would feel so odd if another person had to be there during exam. :/

deena19k

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 2:53 pm
Ruchel wrote:
I would feel so odd if another person had to be there during exam. :/

It's not a big deal. The woman being examined is behind the curtain, I'm sitting by the desk outside the curtain. So not major.

grace413

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 3:04 pm
It's a free country, but I wouldn't take any medical advice from an person using this sig:

In my Kupah there are signs all over stating that patients have the right to bring an accompanying person into any appointment.

In the US, a standard gyn appointment includes a breast check-up. In Israel it doesn't, so it's a bit of pain to make a separate appointment. However, I do see that my Kupah is very proactive about calling women over to schedule mammograms.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 3:04 pm
Think1st wrote:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-11-04/features/bal-towson-obgyn-accused-of-photographing-patients-without-permission-featured-in-top-doctors-20131104_1_yacoub-patients-top-doctors

Just search & u find many more

to frumDoc I understand you need to stick up for the Docs.

But can you please explain why a male's hand would be better @ detecting breast cancer. Or someone who will never carry a baby, would be better then an educated trained & experienced midwife?

This official study proves otherwise http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm.....2137/
What in heaven's name does your first article have to do with anything here? It is about a obgyn who took pictures of his patient's private area. What is to say that a lesbian obgyn wouldnt/couldnt do that too? It has nothing to do with this thread.

As for why a male hands would be better than a females? Nobody said they were better. I know for myself, it has to do with a doctor's bedside manner, nothing else. If they are professional, its all good.

shabbatiscoming

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 3:05 pm
grace413 wrote:
It's a free country, but I wouldn't take any medical advice from an person using this sig:

In my Kupah there are signs all over stating that patients have the right to bring an accompanying person into any appointment.

In the US, a standard gyn appointment includes a breast check-up. In Israel it doesn't, so it's a bit of pain to make a separate appointment. However, I do see that my Kupah is very proactive about calling women over to schedule mammograms.
Thumbs Up Thumbs Up Thumbs Up

Ruchel

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 3:23 pm
deena19k wrote:
It's not a big deal. The woman being examined is behind the curtain, I'm sitting by the desk outside the curtain. So not major.

But then how can you prevent molesting or testify he was professional?
I wouldn't mind what you depict, but don't see how it helps unless c'v we talk of a doc full on attacking a patient !

deena19k

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 4:34 pm
Ruchel wrote:
But then how can you prevent molesting or testify he was professional?
I wouldn't mind what you depict, but don't see how it helps unless c'v we talk of a doc full on attacking a patient !

Um, because you're in the room, right there. Hear everything going on.
Whatever, the point is that every woman is entitled to have a family member or a female nurse in the room if she'd like to. Which I think is great if it makes a woman feel more at ease.

myself

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 4:55 pm
In the UK the male doctors all call a nurse to the room before carrying out any physical exam.
Some ask, others just do so automatically.

The nurse stands a little to the side so she can see what the doctor is doing without being too intrusive.

overthehill

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 8:55 pm
Think1st wrote:
http://articles.baltimoresun.com/2013-11-04/features/bal-towson-obgyn-accused-of-photographing-patients-without-permission-featured-in-top-doctors-20131104_1_yacoub-patients-top-doctors

Just search & u find many more

to frumDoc I understand you need to stick up for the Docs.

But can you please explain why a male's hand would be better @ detecting breast cancer. Or someone who will never carry a baby, would be better then an educated trained & experienced midwife?

This official study proves otherwise http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pm.....2137/

I personally would not believe one word this woman says, even if she had her tongue notarized. Anyone who can have a phrase that says "More vaccines=more death and disease" under her signature, is someone I, and probably most people here would not trust. You are clearly an uneducated woman, based on the nonsense that you are posting here, and you clearly have never been in an ICU with a 6 week old baby who is fighting for his life after contracting Pertussis, having caught it from an unvaccinated genius like yourself whose kids were not vaccinated.

ruby slippers

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 10:05 pm
Think1st wrote:
A. Did you ask an attorney

B. Why would choose a male in the 1st place? Since creation of the world, this was midwife's job until greedy lusty OBs pushed them over. The tide is turning back, there are many court documents about OB misconduct,

Just for the record- my first visit before my wedding the FEMALE ob- abused me!!

(Will never see a woman doctor again!)

Not sure who in Israel you would speak with- but you should speak with someone.

amother

Post Sat, Dec 06 2014, 10:20 pm
Sanguine wrote:
I didn't think it's weird to check I just thought it was a weird thing to do all day. You know how you sometimes do something repetitively and then when you close your eyes at night that's all you see? Imagine this guy when he closes his eyes at night.

OMG! Your statement is cracking me up- My DH is an ob/gyn(yes for his own safety a nurse comes in to the room with him when doing exams) and yes he does internal after internal and I can tell this is not what he thinks about when he closes his eyes at night.
-sooo funny!

Think1st

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:32 am
More Vax = more infant mortality

http://wchildblog.com/2014/11/.....ties/

Scamograms = radiation "detection" of nonmalignant tumors , just BIG $ or shekels

Think1st

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 11:45 am
Frumdoc wrote:
1. I am the first to say report an inappropriate doctor, one who abuses their privilege to examine in order to get a vicarious feel. That is disgusting, and anyone who does it deserves to have their doctor status removed (however that works in the US). I would never ever defend such behavior.

Shame on you that you would assume that as a fellow woman, I would think it was ok for members of my own profession to take advantage of other women like that. That is a disgusting accusation. I hope you can take it back. (Not dissimilar to when you accused me of breaking shabbos because I posted at a time it was still shabbos for you, but long gone for me).

2. It matters not whether it is a female or male hand . It only matters that it is a trained hand.

There are more male surgeons than female, due to the higher pressures of a surgical career pathway and pre-existing male predominance/ chauvinism that make it difficult for women to beak in. So there are more male breast surgeons than female. If you want to do something about it, train as a breast surgeon or encourage your daughters to. Please.

If all yo have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail. Why do go to a surgeon to " examine" for breast cancer

3. Midwives and obstetricians perform different jobs. Would you like a midwife to handle your eclampsia or heart disease in pregnancy? I am all for normalising pregnancy and labour, and don't care how you have your baby.

I do recommend prioritising a healthy baby over a good birthing experience, but that is just me.

Midwives are trainings primarily to avoid complications & interventions, OB training how to intervene
Director of WHO said hiring an OB for low risk birth is like psychiatrist for babysitting, they must find a problem or they fell useless

I read a fascinating case of a midwife charged with manslaughter in the 1910s, because there was a massive disagreement between the (male) obstetricians and (female) widwives in London. The doctors had found that going from a woman with puerperal fever to other women greatly increased the chances of the other women getting fevers and dying. This was decreased if they washed their hands. They didn't know about micro organisms, just that there must be something being transferred, and was removed by handwashing.

The midwives disagreed, and said the doctors were trying to take over their job, unnecessarily medicalising childbirth and traumatising women. They said washing their hands was unnecessary, and refused. The court found they were guilty of manslaughter by transferring infection in the knowledge of the risk of death, and did kill many women.

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC2742137/
midwives are safer then OB when all other factors are equal

Maybe the doctors aren't always wrong, and the midwives aren't always right?

Ignaz Semmelweis was locked up in mental institution for suggesting that OBs should wash their hand for the safety of mother & baby

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:14 pm
Think1st wrote:

Scamograms = radiation "detection" of nonmalignant tumors , just BIG $ or shekels

It's totally futile to argue with you, but there could be any number of reasons why Mississippi has high infant mortality rates. And it could have nothing in the world to do with the high vaccine rates.

Again, show me some peer reviewed, scholarly works.

And in the interest of the current threads, I am in no way an expert on this. I am a student studying for an MA in Social Work and have had many courses through undergrad and grad school about reaserch.

water_bear88

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:18 pm
Think1st wrote:

Your source is strangely ignoring the fact that Mississippi also has the highest rate of premature births in the country- and one of the highest rates of smoking among women. Smoking definitely increases the risk of premature birth. High rate of premature birth correlates with high infant mortality. Unless what you're trying to say is that vaccines are a gateway drug to cigarettes, I don't really see how vaccination rates fit in here at all.

http://www.marchofdimes.org/mi.....aspx#

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 12:23 pm
Think1st

1. I expect an apology for accusing me of defending any doctor who abuses their patient. I didn't, and to accuse me of supporting an abusive doctor is akin to accusing you of supporting a frum paedophile because you share a religious belief.

2. Any trained hand can examine for breast cancer, as I said, the gender of the hand doesn't matter.

Breast surgeons: those who are trained in removal and management of breast cancers, are the most experienced at examining, at differentiating normal from abnormal, and the different types of abnormal (benign v malignant lesions, the different types of diseases of the breast, of which there are many). If you have a problem with a breast, go to the expert - a surgeon who deals with it daily, so they can diagnose what type of problem (or nail, in your analogy) it is, whether it needs removal, further tests or other treatments - if it is in fact a cancerous nail or an infected one or an inflammatory or vascular nail.

Who would you expect to be the expert at diagnosing diseases of the breast? A homeopath? or osteopath? or maybe a mystic?

If you don't believe in examining (self or by a trained doctor) for breast cancer, in medical examination for diagnosis or treatment, or screening for breast cancer, you don't belong on this thread.

I sincerely hope you never have the experience of needing the services of a breast surgeon and thus understanding first hand what their expertise and knowledge is. Perhaps you could spend a morning with one and educate yourself that way, and come to understand the role a bit better. To suggest that every surgeon is a pervert for doing his or her job is paranoid beyond belief.

Beast examination is a protocolised exam, just like cardiac or neurological exam, involving a look, feel, listen method. I do it daily, it is not enjoyable or anything like f0replay or xex related playing, it is a clinical exam looking for abnormalities. I also stick my finger up people's rear ends daily - it is not enjoyable for either of us, but if I didn't do it I would be in breach of my responsibilities. If I decided not to examine someone for a lump, and they had a cancer, it would be my job on the line for not properly evaluating them and diagnosing them. That is what is going through a doctor's mind when they examine - am I missing something, not 'ooh, get a feel of that'.

3. I am not getting into some stupid discussion with you about who is "better", midwives or doctors. They have complementary and sometimes overlapping roles. I won't harp on to you about my beliefs, please stop doing so to me, and accusing me of hating midwives ( I don't), of trying to make normal birth a medical experience (I wouldn't), and of trying to kill people with my evil drugs (I don't).

I assume you have some deep seated psychological reason for your overwhelming hatred and mistrust of all doctors, and hope that you can address this. Meanwhile, perhaps you can stop making personal attacks against me, as this is really not the type of behavior I expect from a mature frum lady, and we can agree to differ in our opinions without the nastiness and insults.

PS Ignaz Semmelweiz was a doctor. So there was an almighty disagreement between doctors as to the benefit of handwashing. Not sure what that contributes, other than practice has changed from the 1840s.

Last edited by Frumdoc on Sun, Dec 21 2014, 6:55 am; edited 1 time in total

Think1st

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 1:31 pm
To water_bear88

So for all 50 states you will find another excuse

What will you say to 35 developed nations showing the same trend

http://www.childinfo.org/files.....n.pdf

http://www.betternaturalhealing.com/?cat=198

To fromdoc

Sorry for offending you

However why would anyone in their right mind, consider someone who makes a living from surgery as an objective opinion.

I wonder what led you to such animosity towords homeopathy

Why when you loose the argument re OB & midwife, can't you concede gracefully ?.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 1:39 pm
Sorry, guys. I've reported this troll more than once, but the powers that be are allowing it to continue.

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 2:06 pm
Think1st wrote:
To water_bear88

So for all 50 states you will find another excuse

What will you say to 35 developed nations showing the same trend

http://www.childinfo.org/files.....n.pdf

http://www.betternaturalhealing.com/?cat=198

To fromdoc

Sorry for offending you

However why would anyone in their right mind, consider someone who makes a living from surgery as an objective opinion.

I wonder what led you to such animosity towords homeopathy

Why when you loose the argument re OB & midwife, can't you concede gracefully ?.

Surgeons have a moral and ethical responsibility not to operate when not necessary. They will get sued and struck off the medical register for doing so. Are you claiming that all surgeons will make up that they have felt a lump in order to operate, for whatever vicarious reason (maybe you think they cop a feel during the operation!?!). You hate and distrust all doctors, we get it. I feel sorry for you.

No animosity towards homeopathy, just consider it to be useless at diagnosing and treating breast cancer. If you find me a study in which homeopathy cures biopsy proven breast cancer, I will review it and give you a considered opinion.

I didn't kmow it was a fight with winners and losers about who was "better", obstetricians or midwives. In my opinion they have different roles and provide different and complementary services. I have said this many times. You disagree. You will not convince me that a midwife can prevent or treat eclamptic fits, save a mother's life during a PPH or a baby whose heart has stopped mid labor. Meanwhile, a midwife is the best person to guide you through a normal labor and manage some issues . There is no point discussing it, I hope you never need the services of an OB and you never have a complication of pregnancy or labor, and you never need medical services in your life.

Think1st

Post Sun, Dec 07 2014, 2:35 pm
Frumdoc wrote:
(1)Surgeons have a moral and ethical responsibility not to operate when not necessary. They will get sued and struck off the medical register for doing so. Are you claiming that all surgeons will make up that they have felt a lump in order to operate, for whatever vicarious reason (maybe you think they cop a feel during the operation!?!). You hate and distrust all doctors, we get it. I feel sorry for you.

No animosity towards homeopathy, just consider it to be useless at diagnosing and treating breast cancer. If you find me a study in which homeopathy cures biopsy proven breast cancer, I will review it and give you a considered opinion.

I didn't know it was a fight with winners and losers about who was "better", obstetricians or midwives. In my opinion they have different roles and provide different and complementary services. I have said this many times. You disagree. You will not convince me that a midwife can prevent or treat eclamptic fits, save a mother's life during a PPH or a baby whose heart has stopped mid labor. Meanwhile, a midwife is the best person to guide you through a normal labor and manage some issues . There is no point discussing it, I hope you never need the services of an OB and you never have a complication of
pregnancy or labor, and you never need medical services in your life.

1 How do you explain USA c-section rate rising from 5% to 35% over the last 40 years ?

2 OBs can play a important role in high risk cases but in low risk cases they end up creating risk, heart failure can be a faulty monitor or caused my prior OB interventions such as drugs or starving the mother & tying her to the bed

http://www.npr.org/blogs/healt.....tions

http://www.webmd.com/baby/news.....e-cdc
Page 3 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Israel related Inquiries & Aliyah Questions