Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers
Nap time at camp for non napping toddler

solo

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 2:18 am
My just turned 3 yr old son will be attending day camp this summer. He doesn't nap. And I don't want him too cuz our evening routine works well. And a nap keeps him up past my bedtime! But all summer camp options have a one hr nap time. What to do?

morah

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:03 am
Anyone who works with three year olds knows many, if not most, don't nap anymore. Most places will have separate areas, they put the nappers in one and the non-nappers in the other. The lights are out and they have to do something quiet like looking at books, but they are not made to sleep. Check if they have this arrangement, if not, let them know your son will need to be allowed to play quietly.

solo

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:48 am
Thing is ds doesn't know how to be quiet. He doesn't get the concept. When I tell him we need to be quiet cuz baby is sleeping he makes loud shhhhh noises. And then shouts. Yeah we have to be quiet so we don't disturb the baby. Cute and annoying. But I worry morah will find it more annoying than cute

morah

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:10 am
He may surprise you. Many kids do things in school that they won't do at home. Also, he probably won't be the only one not napping, so he will probably do what the others do. Talk the teacher if you're concerned. She probably knows what to do. Really, probably more 3 year olds don't nap than do.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Preschoolers