Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Tornado close to husband and his camp - please Daven!

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 11:37 am
My husband is the camp counselor for the local Gan Izzy. There was a tornado spotted close to where they are right now. Please daven for them.

Might be heading to shelter too in a minute.

Yael

Scrabble123

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 11:59 am
I will daven. What is it's rating on the F scale? Not that that will impact my davening, just that I am absolutely fascinated by tornados!

Dolly Welsh

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 12:04 pm
He should be safe. And all of them.

Pineapple

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 12:33 pm
They should all be safe and well

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 12:41 pm
Posting now that things seem to be over. Lots of damage in the area where my husband was (Indy Speedway). Baruch HaShem it seems to have dissipated! Thanks for your davening!

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 12:44 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:
I will daven. What is it's rating on the F scale? Not that that will impact my davening, just that I am absolutely fascinated by tornados!

Don't know - this tornado came out of nowhere! I checked the weather online and then my weather alarm went off saying there was a confirmed tornado on the ground near my husband and his campers.

Notsobusy

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 1:37 pm
I went out right after I read your post. While driving I heard on CBS New York that a tornado hit in Indiana and no one was hurt. I'm assuming that's the one near you. I was so relieved for you that they were all fine.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 6:18 pm
Welcome to the midwest summers (and springs) -- I'm so happy everyone is safe. I have many stories of tornados being too close for comfort but B"H we have always had Hashem watching over us.

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:54 pm
Scrabble123 wrote:

It's been confirmed to be an EF-1 tornado. Roofs torn off, trees ripped up, no causalities, no fatalities (B"H). Plainfield, the tornado's initial touchdown spot, had almost no warning! Crazy.

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 7:58 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:
Welcome to the midwest summers (and springs) -- I'm so happy everyone is safe. I have many stories of tornados being too close for comfort but B"H we have always had Hashem watching over us.

I grew up in NC where we had tornadoes. One took out a chunk of my parent's subdivision (7 minute walk away) when I was in college. We had very little warning for the people at the touch-down spot and nearby.

B"H everything will be OK!

yaelinIN

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 8:00 pm
Hashem_Yaazor wrote:

Did I ever tell you about the Pesach seder for 20 in our basement when we lived in West Lafayette IN? That tornado was 3-4 miles away.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed