Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to set up for my SIL'S new apartment?

behappyeveryday

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 3:53 pm
My sister in law is moving next to me. (She is from out of town) want to set up st cute for when she arrives there with moving truck. Any ideas?

out-of-towner

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 3:55 pm
Maybe stock up her fridge with some basics and paper goods to start out with.

Happy18

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 3:57 pm
out-of-towner wrote:

This. When we moved my sil went and brought over lunch and dinner for that day and breakfast for the next day. She brought everything we might need including all the paper goods.

behappyeveryday

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 3:57 pm
out-of-towner wrote:

She bringing out her fridge with moving truck.
Imagining more like a welcome package. ST thoughtful. I'm just not very creative.

kb

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 3:58 pm
Bread, milk, fruit, some paper goods. Make their beds if possible. Some cookies or cake on the table with a note?

watergirl

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 4:21 pm
Decorate the door with a welcome home sign. On the counter, leave a list (I would decorate it in a cute way) of local shops and phone numbers, eruv hotline, mikvah, hatzolah, shomrim, chaverim (if applicable), shuls, and even a few babysitters numbers if they have kids. Leave it with fresh baked something accompanied by a fresh fruit basket and water bottles. If there are kids, its likely that toys will be scarse for a few days. Maybe get a laundry basket and fill it with a ball, bubbles, jump roap, jenga, cheap stuff found at a dollar store. Even if they have toys unpacked, new novel things will keep them happy while parents unpack.

Dolly1

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 4:31 pm
A cake tray and cold drinks! This is something ppl always appreciate cuz they usually arrive hungry and thirsty ect.

chocolate chips

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 4:31 pm
Make a nice sign for the door.

Take over bread, peanut butter and jelly, milk, plastic cutlery and plates, a cereal or two, plastic bowls, plastic cups, a couple different kinds of drinks, some cookies maybe a fruit platter. Basically stock up the house with basics so the first day or two she doesn't have to worry about running to the grocery to get food for herself and kids while she unpacks.

A nice bunch of flowers are nice too.

Happy18

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 4:34 pm
If she's moving in her fridge it won't be cold for about a day. Lots of non-perishable snacks would be a good thing.

Frumdoc

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 6:00 pm
Plate of fresh fruit, platter of fresh veg to snack on, coffee, coffee mugs and kettle/ stuff they may not have to hand but will welcome, including teaspoon, sugar/ sweetener, juice for kids, paper goods to last a few days.

Shower stuff, like shampoo/ shower gel for adults and kids.

Offer your cleaner to go over for a few hours if practical. Or babysitting time.

The best things my mil did for us when we moved was to send her cleaner over to blitz the place before we moved in so it was sparkling and dust free and a pleasure to walk into, even if there were boxes everywhere.

Something simple like a welcome sign on the door can be very meaningful.

behappyeveryday

Post Tue, Jun 24 2014, 6:04 pm
watergirl wrote:
Decorate the door with a welcome home sign. On the counter, leave a list (I would decorate it in a cute way) of local shops and phone numbers, eruv hotline, mikvah, hatzolah, shomrim, chaverim (if applicable), shuls, and even a few babysitters numbers if they have kids. Leave it with fresh baked something accompanied by a fresh fruit basket and water bottles. If there are kids, its likely that toys will be scarse for a few days. Maybe get a laundry basket and fill it with a ball, bubbles, jump roap, jenga, cheap stuff found at a dollar store. Even if they have toys unpacked, new novel things will keep them happy while parents unpack.

Brilliant idea. Love it. Thanks
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics