Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed
Ariel Mia bat Chana Miriam
1  2  Next

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 12:46 am
My daughter had an aerosol can explode in her face tonight. We are in emerge having consults with plastics, icu, paediatrician, trauma... Right now they are not too concerned about her airway but that is the reason icu is involved.

Tehillim or Davening for a speedy and complete recovery would be appreciated.

etky

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:16 am
So sorry that this terrible thing happened.
Will daven for her.
Refuah shlemah

grace413

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:33 am
Wishing your daughter a quick refuah shlaimah. Wll daven for her. Hugs.

Sanguine

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:55 am
Adding her name to my Tehillim - Please let us know when she has a Refuah Shleima and we should stop

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 2:50 am
We are staying in the emerge because the regular ward does not want the responsibility if her breathing goes awry and the icu says she isn't sick enough, but she needs to have access to where she can be intubated if needed.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 2:51 am
Up sides- not sick enough for icu
Private room in emerge with tv and no roomies.
Very attentive medical staff!

Last edited by Chana Miriam S on Fri, Jun 27 2014, 3:30 am; edited 1 time in total

Dolly Welsh

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 3:18 am
Refuah Shleima.

Shoshie

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 3:32 am
A quick refuah shleima to your daughter. I'm so glad you are pleased with the medical care she's receiving.

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 3:37 am
Shoshie wrote:
A quick refuah shleima to your daughter. I'm so glad you are pleased with the medical care she's receiving.

God bless socialized medicine!!!!!!! You know I really saw tonight that when you do get stuck in an er because it is understaffed in terms of being able to get everyone through quickly, that you really still need to be grateful because if you are sick enough to wait, you are ok but when they get a serious emergency, they are right on top. Tonight Ariel was grateful that bad as it was for her, that she was the worst kid in the children's hospital er, which she realized because of how quickly resources were thrown her way. Grateful to live walking distance from the hospital and grateful for the free excellent healthcare we got there. Even if she has to stay over Shabbat, our whole community is right here.

Barbara

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 7:33 am
Refua shleima to Ariel. Sending my prayers and hopes for a speedy recovery.

rae gi

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 9:39 am
Refua Shelaima Ariel Mia. Hug

Pineapple

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 12:06 pm
Refuah shelima!

boysrus

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 12:40 pm
I am so sorry! refuah sheliema to your daughter, I will daven for her to heal quickly and completely. she must be feeling awful poor child. how old is she?

Chana Miriam S

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:37 pm
Thankfully she is home now, with morohine and a strong NSAID. The level of burn is about like a very bad sunburn, she has a burn clinic follow up on Monday. Glad to be home for Shabbat...we aren't out of the woods because burns are unpredictable but so far itsca best case scenario for a flash fire.

boysrus

Post Fri, Jun 27 2014, 1:43 pm
BH she is home for shabbos, may she be strong and healthy ad me'ah ve'esrim. Refuah sheliemah b'karov

Chana Miriam S

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 2:37 am
Today was a good day. Major casualties among the couch cushions since she is covered with neosporin but otherwise, Advil every six hours seems to be handling the pain well. She is going to be 15 in August. We are very grateful it is going well. Burn clinic Monday will hopefully shed some more light.

etky

Post Sun, Jun 29 2014, 3:45 am
Thanks for the update. May she have a complete and speedy recovery.

Chana Miriam S

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 7:35 pm
We went to see the Burn Trauma Clinic today. She is recovering well. She is starting to lose some of the damaged skin, and its sort of like her face is falling off- forgive the image, its a bit disturbing. We went shopping because she has to be completely covered in her burned areas and sheltered from sun for the next six months. That means long sleeves (possibly gloves) and a fully brimmed hat.

In the mean time, we are very grateful. The ceramic stove top is totally killed and pieces were flying. My husband actually burned the bottom of his foot on hot glass, and the aerosol can hit the ceiling, made a hole in the drywall and dented our vent fan as well. If any one of those things hit her, we would have had potential for a tragic situation instead of one she can recover from and we can repair. Please keep dovening for her complete recovery!

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:11 pm
I missed this last week but BH she is ok and at home recovering.

I will daven for her full recovery and bless her with strength to continue being positive about it and a fast healing.

Hug

Scrabble123

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:12 pm
Refuah shalaima!
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs -> Tehillim Needed