Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
I'm a MO man and in a dire state. Can you help me?
1  2  3  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:10 pm
I'm MO and my wife is chronically ill. I had to leave me job to take care of her and the kids. My landlord is threatening me with eviction and our pantry is bare.

Are there any organizations that can help me? Please don't mention any chareidi chessed programs because they are all crooks and frauds and I don't want to accept tainted assistance.

[this is a satirical spinoff of the thread called I'm a chareidi bochur, please help me, amothers! (by marina)]

chani4

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:11 pm
You didn't mention your location

sequoia

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:12 pm
"Leave me job" -- modern Orthodox pirate?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:14 pm
sequoia wrote:
"Leave me job" -- modern Orthodox pirate?

Are you generalizing that all MO are brilliant? Do MO never do a typo?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:14 pm
chani4 wrote:
You didn't mention your location
NY

Happy18

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:18 pm
I'm not getting involved in this, but at least marina posted her op under her name. You might not like what she had to say but at least she said it under her own name.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:18 pm
I'm so sorry with everything your going through. I hope your wife gets better very soon.
I don't think it is nice what you said - "Please don't mention any chareidi chessed programs because they are all crooks and frauds and I don't want to accept tainted assistance"
Would you call "hatzalah" or "Chaveirim" even though they are run by chareidim. You will always find crooks. There are so many Pple out there to help. Please don't bash any Jews. If you don't want their help- then don't use them.
Hope everything works out!!!!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:20 pm
Happy18 wrote:
I'm not getting involved in this, but at least marina posted her op under her name. You might not like what she had to say but at least she said it under her own name.
My wife would kill me if I would. Sorry. Pity you can't get involved.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:23 pm
amother wrote:
I'm so sorry with everything your going through. I hope your wife gets better very soon.
I don't think it is nice what you said - "Please don't mention any chareidi chessed programs because they are all crooks and frauds and I don't want to accept tainted assistance"
Would you call "hatzalah" or "Chaveirim" even though they are run by chareidim. You will always find crooks. There are so many Pple out there to help. Please don't bash any Jews. If you don't want their help- then don't use them.
Hope everything works out!!!!
My wife's been on imamother for some time now. She's never had any interaction with chareidim before other than seeing them shop in Manhattan with their tiny tots and bugaboos. But she's told me horrible things she read on this sight about chareidim, about their shushing abusers, their frauds, their lack of education, their failing their teens, their treatment of OTD kids, and she'd be horrified if we accepted any assistance from them.

Aren't there any MO chessed organizations I can reach out to? Can you post their names and contacts?

naturalmom5

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:24 pm
I don't want to get this post locked or turn this into a bashing session
But, I could list many lovely mo fin'l scandals
The one that is currently threatening to bankrupt YU to the tune of almost a billion dollars

Can you pronounce Kenny Gribbetz
OP , don't be so smug

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:25 pm
What's man doing posting here? I thought it's a womens only forum

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:26 pm
naturalmom5 wrote:
I don't want to get this post locked or turn this into a bashing session
But, I could list many lovely mo fin'l scandals
The one that is currently threatening to bankrupt YU to the tune of almost a billion dollars

Can you pronounce Kenny Gribbetz
OP , don't be so smug

Can't be. You are living in a bubble, dear. It is common knowledge here on imamother that only the chareidim are swindlers. What you're posting is a total shock. But it is irrelevant to the OP who is requesting MO chessed organizations.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:28 pm
amother wrote:
What's man doing posting here? I thought it's a womens only forum

Last night we had a chareidi bochur form Satmar.

Today we're having a MO man from NY.

Imamother is shaping up a bit.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:29 pm
I just wanted to let you know that anytime charedim do anything bad - the news love it, and exaggerate, and they make it the biggest news ever.
There are so many amazing chareidim out there - that would do anything for you.
And what's wrong with walking into a shop with a bugaboo? I don't own one. But I would love too!!! Smile

mummiedearest

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:29 pm
for those who are taking the bait, this is not a real thread. this is "satirizing" marina's thread about the chareidi bochur. pay attention, folks.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:33 pm
Still waiting for a listing of organizations.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:34 pm
amother wrote:
My wife's been on imamother for some time now. She's never had any interaction with chareidim before other than seeing them shop in Manhattan with their tiny tots and bugaboos. But she's told me horrible things she read on this sight about chareidim, about their shushing abusers, their frauds, their lack of education, their failing their teens, their treatment of OTD kids, and she'd be horrified if we accepted any assistance from them.

Aren't there any MO chessed organizations I can reach out to? Can you post their names and contacts?

Go to Footsteps. Its thriving even with all the chessed in the chareidi/chasidishe communities. I wonder why that is?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:35 pm
amother wrote:
I'm MO and my wife is chronically ill. I had to leave me job to take care of her and the kids. My landlord is threatening me with eviction and our pantry is bare.

Are there any organizations that can help me? Please don't mention any chareidi chessed programs because they are all crooks and frauds and I don't want to accept tainted assistance.

In Bergen county project Ezra. We also have tomchei shabbos and my young Israel sisterhood is constantly organizing meals for families in need, plus rabbis discretionary fund.

Plus if you are stereotyping most mo families have insurance and houses if they have several kids and thus would usually not be in that scenario.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:36 pm
amother wrote:
Go to Footsteps. Its thriving even with all the chessed in the chareidi/chasidishe communities. I wonder why that is?
I checked their website. No mention of any chessed organization that can assist me or my family. We aren't looking for an education now when my wife is so ill. We need money, meals, cleaning help, medical referral assistance, aid with insurance and more.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 12:36 pm
UJA They will help. They will help non Jews also.
Page 1 of 3 1  2  3  Next Recent Topics