Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
MO women- tell me something great about charedim
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:03 pm
MO women- tell me something great about charedim

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:15 pm
This is a terrible thread that is only asking for divisiveness and hurtful stereotyping.

November

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:16 pm
Pass

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:17 pm
Do you think your question brings achdus?

Happy18

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:18 pm
So inappropriate. At least post under your own name.

marina

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:19 pm
I think it's a fine thread.

Most of the chareidim I met are warm and caring people.

marina

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:20 pm
they have great chessed organizations and are very willing to help others.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:20 pm
I grew up MO and always respected charedim for their striving for total adherence to halacha and avodas Hashem. Smile

marina

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:21 pm
Many have beautiful families with very helpful older kids. I am often jealous of how helpful their older kids are. At least in public Smile

marina

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:22 pm
The kids are more temimmusdike, esp in the younger grades.

In my experiences with chassidim and chareidim, there's less emphasis on gashmius.

marina

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:23 pm
I love how the large families all get together and there are all these little kids- it's like a big family reunion every shabbos & yt

marina

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:26 pm
I love chassidishe niggunim.

freidasima

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:35 pm
Many charedi groups have founded incredible chessed organizations that help everyone, Satmar for example which brings food to hospitals to families of the hospitalized over shabbos, we once got food from them when I suddenly had a baby in the hospital over shabbos and I had no food. Incredible people.

Other charedi organizations which have done incredible things - Hatzolo - Yad Sara etc. And there are so many more.

Charedim are probably the group that when push comes to shove if Am yisroel will be under life or death seige, will be the major group to keep the faith.

Besides, I have so many charedi friends and acquaintances that are such incredible wonderful people. But so are my MO friends, my charedal friends, my non religious friends and my non Jewish friends as well. Or they wouldn't be my friends....

DrMom

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:53 pm
I greatly admire the network of chessed and gemech organizations that charedim have developed.

mille

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:06 pm
We've had several instances with family members sick for very long periods of time. Bikur Cholim has always been super amazing to our family, super accommodating, without even a whiff of judgment or disapproval over our totally super left wing MO family. None of the women cover their hair, we sometimes would be in the hospitals in tank tops and shorts, they always accommodated food requests even for things that carry a hechsher satmar people won't eat (like OU-D non chalav yisrael products). They have made many hospital-bound shabbatot and many weeks very comfortable. Even for really not at all religious family members, bikur cholim has always extended their services to us.

Chareidim are like everyone else -- there are going to be great people and not great people. I have met plenty of very awesome chareidi people, plenty of less-than-awesome, and the same can be said of MO people, yeshivishe, chasidish, secular, and whatever other group I've ever encountered. So I tried to cover something that's a more broad topic, rather than telling you about my awesome friends (like fridasima said -- all my friends are wonderful, that's why they are my friends!).

Yocheved84

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:07 pm
I admire their devotion.

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:56 pm
marina wrote:
I think it's a fine thread.

Most of the chareidim I met are warm and caring people.

Some of your best friends are charedim, Marina?

Wink
Debs

MountainRose

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 3:27 pm
I find chareidim to be very friendly. I have never encountered more genuine hospitality than from chareidim. They are always willing to explain finer points of halacha to me without making me feel stupid.

They go out of their way to do mitzvos - often to my benefit. They need no reason to love me but that I am Jewish, and I feel the love whenever I interact with them.

That is my personal experience of chareidim, and I'm glad someone asked the question, because I love being able to give the answer!

Lady Godiva

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 4:36 pm
They have chesed organizations that are unmatched by any other group.

I know some charedim whose sincere desire to do what they believe is avodat HaShem, regardless of what my logic may say, is quite touching and humbling.

ronbonboo

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 5:03 pm
While I don't believe in labels I will say that within 1 community there can be different groups who have different jobs. We had the 12 shevatim who all served a different person.
I love that the charedim are so tznius and inspire me to try harder. I love their chessed organizations. I see in the more charedi schools an obligations for a lot of chessed hours a year within the community more than the MO and it inspires me to want to teach my kids to do that.
The labels suck though. Why are you more frum then me? My friend told my husband she's more frum then me because she dresses more tznius; but she has guy platonic friends, and listens to the radio while I only listen to Jewish music. I can judge her but that won't get me anywhere. The concept is that we are on different levels striving for a common goal.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics