Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
Charedi women- tell me something great about MO
1  2  3  4  5  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:04 pm
Charedi women- tell me something great about MO

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:12 pm
They make the best threads on imamother! They bring out deep emotions within all of us other than challah recipes and your concern about the wart on your babies nose.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:14 pm
This is a terrible thread that is only asking for divisiveness and hurtful stereotyping.

November

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:15 pm
Pass

happybeingamom

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:16 pm
Do you think your question brings achdus?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:17 pm
They are often good influences to the outside world

Happy18

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:18 pm
So inappropriate. At least post under your own name.

out-of-towner

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:22 pm
My husband's MO family is extremely respectful of us and the lifestyle we lead! They might tease us and get annoyed at our nuances, but they are overall very respectful and accommodating!

ectomorph

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:27 pm
MO are big financial supporters of Israel and many of them make Aliyah, which I think is impressive.

gp2.0

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:32 pm
Hey, how did MBV, November, happybeingamom and Happy18 time their identical responses in the same order as the companion thread? Cool! Can threads be cloned or is it just serendipity?

Liebs

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:33 pm
all our MO cousins respect us and don't judge.
they live in America-not sure they know what chareidi means. I find in general in Israel e/t is so separate.
chareidi.mizrchi.dati leumi.sfardi.breslov...........in USA we grew up a jew is a jew and all respected e/o.
not sure where op lives, but wondering if Israeli vs. amrican thing.

just want to share s/t beautiful-

where I live there is only charedim. actually very chareidi. don't see non chareid on block. last erev Shabbos there was an announcement going around and e/o was walking the streets telling e/o to bentch licht early and daven for the 3 boys. we all felt and feel so close and are davening so hard regardless of chareidi/mizrachi. I really felt so emotional and kept thinking 'mi kiamcha yisroel'.
- yes now goes the next comment...why do we need to wait for such tzaros?
So let us all just be accepting of e/o and find the good in e/o and make this thread a beautiful beginning of fully accepting and respecting each other!!

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 1:57 pm
MO are more active politically and help bring changes in the world that make life easier for all Jews

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:01 pm
I know many MO people. The women here, for starters, have great senses of humor. I know a number of women who don't follow the standards that I do (and I'm talking knees, feet, elbows, collarbones, hair, basics) but they still exude tznius because they aren't aiming to be provocative.

Jewishmom8

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:04 pm
that is a very odd request.
it actually says more about this person asking the question than anything else..
I think that there is something great to say about every single person in this world.
I think we need to look for the good in everyone.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:23 pm
I think OP is asking us, on both threads, to show some achdus and ahavas yisrael, that it can continue in the zchus of the boys. And I think she's right.

As a former MO who went quite right Yeshivish, I have found I greatly admire the sincerity and bikush ha'emes of many MO. I now listen to shiurim at YU Torah and OU, because they speak to me more than what I can find in my own community.

debsey

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 2:58 pm
commitment to Torah study, learning, growth, and passionate connection to causes (at least among my MO cousins)
debs

chocolate chips

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 3:08 pm
They accept themselves for who they are and don't feel the pressure to conform to anyone elses standards.
They are true to their chosen path in torah.

(ok that sounded way better in my head).

Success10

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 3:12 pm
Are often highly educated and intelligent, and worldly. Some of the stuff the MO ladies write on Imamother blows me away, excellent writing style, vast knowledge on an array of subjects, and general insight into complex issues.

PinkFridge

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 3:28 pm
And this:
http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....+slam

abound

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 4:38 pm
Strong sense of responsibility for the Klal.
Page 1 of 5 1  2  3  4  5  Next Recent Topics