Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Great Neck?

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 7:59 pm
I am looking to move into a Sefardic community. I was looking into Great Neck, but from what I've heard it is pretty modern. I do not want to stick out by being one of the few wearing a skirt and a sheital.
Does anyone know if Great Neck has a more religious crowd/area? Or any other Sefardic community driving distance to Bklyn(Where DH works)?

Anon b/c discussed with friends and don't want to give away SN

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:04 pm
U for sure wont be the only one Ina Shaitel. The community has really grown in recent years and continues to do so. I love the people in the community. What type of Sephardi are u? It's mostly persians

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 8:38 pm
Thanks for the response! we aren't Persians. To be spesific, my DH and I are a mix of Ashkenazi and Sefardi. But we were both raised doing Sefardi Minhagim.

amother

Post Mon, Jun 30 2014, 10:49 pm
It's growing alot! There's tons of shuls and a Kollel too. Lots of women in shetiels not just tochiles so you wouldn't be sticking out.
I think it's a great frum community very open minded. The north side of town has more shuls than the south. And most shuls are on middle neck road or steamboat rd so you'd want to be in walking distance to that.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating