Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children
Backyard camps are annoying this year

amother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 5:29 pm
I pay a pretty penny for backyard camp, why are they sending home papers informing me I need to send extra $$$ to cover things like walking to a pizza shop as an activity? Shouldn't all activities have been included in the cost of camp? And why are they making night activities that mean parents have to drive 20 minutes each way, out of the Jewish neighborhoods, for activities that don't end until after bedtime? Seriously? People send to camp because they need childcare for their kids. Camp does not have to be amazing and spectacular. It just has to be fun enough that the kids will go without complaint. That's all. Why are they tacking on extra fees and ridiculous driving demands when I'm dog tired after a long day of work and do not appreciate having to be the bad guy who tells her kids they can't go to night activity. Exploding anger

causemommysaid

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 5:32 pm
you need a new camp.

the ones I send to have a small supplies fee at the beginning of the summer and thats it.

also, backyard camps are not really designed for working parents. you probably need a more official camp for that.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 02 2014, 6:13 pm
We're a smaller community and there isn't anything else. Summers are hard - not many camp options, then you have to scrounge around for a babysitter or friend who will take your kids after camp.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> School age children