Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
Are you happy with CITI MINI VERSA?
1  2  Next

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:57 am
I am considering to buy the citi mini versa. I like that the baby can face both ways-but I'm really buying it for the car too. I have a walking stroller but need one that will fit into trunk of small car and that I can fold with one hand.
I was originally going to get plain citi mini but came across this and I like facing my newborn.

Any comments on it?
Is it compact?
Which color is nice (hard to always tell color from pic and I'm ordering it from amazon)

Thanks.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:00 am
Everyone I know who has it loves it. People also put the city mini gt wheels on it for a smoother ride over rough terrain, and the uppababy rumble seat fits too so you can even make it a double.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:13 am
I wonder if changing wheels makes it less compact.
I have Mountain Buggy terrain as jogging stroller but doesn't fit into small trunks.

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:14 am
The gt wheels are not nearly as large as the terrain wheels. Anyway the versa wheels well with the regular wheels, but depending on the surfaces you're using it on it may be more comfortable with gt wheels.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:36 am
do u know if it's as compact as citi minni?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:41 am
The fold is just as compact.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:45 am
so should fit into sml trunks/elevators?

June

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:45 am
I just got the Versa and use it in Yerushalayim with regular wheels. It pushes like a dream. I think regular wheels would be fine in any urban setting.

The Versa is not nearly as compact as the Mini, but it's not huge and bulky at all. I don't own a car, but it looks like it would fit in a standard trunk. You can probably find the dimensions online.

So far I love this stroller, but I only have it for two days. (My baby is a week old Smile ) I got it in green; it's pretty true to the online color.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:46 am
can't decide on color...
u think silver will show all dirt?

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:49 am
It might look less compact, but everything I've read claims that its footprint and fold are the same as the mini.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 11:59 am
June wrote:
I just got the Versa and use it in Yerushalayim with regular wheels. It pushes like a dream. I think regular wheels would be fine in any urban setting.

The Versa is not nearly as compact as the Mini, but it's not huge and bulky at all. I don't own a car, but it looks like it would fit in a standard trunk. You can probably find the dimensions online.

So far I love this stroller, but I only have it for two days. (My baby is a week old Smile ) I got it in green; it's pretty true to the online color.

mazal tov!
didn't see green on amazon

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:01 pm
is the red too red? like not black and red just red

June

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:09 pm
Liebs wrote:
mazal tov!
didn't see green on amazon

http://www.amazon.com/Baby-Jog.....R5YO0

here's the green. it seems to be more expensive than the other colors, for some reason.

My sister has the City Select in red, I'm assuming the Versa would be the same shade. It's not too red at all, because the black frame offsets the redness.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:12 pm
amazon is out of green.
do u think silver will show all dirt?
I think city select has more black on hood.
does it fit in Israeli taxis?

Tekky

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:17 pm
http://www.pishposhbaby.com/ba......html - they have it for the cheaper price.

plus u can save an additional $10 when u sign up for their emails

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:26 pm
I have amazon coupon which they did not accept. but once you live chat wit them long enough and make them crazy enough...they honor it.
So I got it down 20% with tax 199!

Last edited by Liebs on Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:32 pm; edited 1 time in total

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:28 pm
You can always use a bugaboo donkey canopy if you want to spend more money to change up the colors later Smile

browser

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:37 pm
I have the city versa and I love the reversible seat, big basket, and it has a very smooth ride.
But I don't think I would buy it for a car stroller, because it's much heavier than the regular city mini and folds in 2 steps instead of one.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:43 pm
browser wrote:
I have the city versa and I love the reversible seat, big basket, and it has a very smooth ride.
But I don't think I would buy it for a car stroller, because it's much heavier than the regular city mini and folds in 2 steps instead of one.

I live in Israel and often go in taxis. I just wanted to be compact that can fit into taxi trunks. I don't mind the extra weight (driver usually helps too), I just need that has one hand fold and should fit in trunk.

I'm excited about being able to face my baby that's why I think worth it the extra weight. But you think should fit in smallish trunk?

browser

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 12:50 pm
It would fit in the car, but it's not really "lightweight", so you'll feel it in your upper arms.
btw I had the same dilemma as you, wanting the reversible seat and wanting something convenient. It turns out that my baby like facing out and looking around! Stil very happy with it, though
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics