Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Announcements & Mazel Tovs
I cant seem to take their names down off my fridge :(

Greenbelle

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 2:35 pm
The last time I felt this way was when little Lieby Kletzky went missing and we hoped and prayed and searched and cried.

granolamom

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 5:37 pm
I know, I feel the same way. their names are still set up next to my candlesticks.

Liebs

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 6:16 pm
granolamom wrote:
I know, I feel the same way. their names are still set up next to my candlesticks.

me too. I have their pictures hanging Sad

ariellabella

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 6:24 pm
Me too. The names are on my fridge, and I don't know how/when to take them down, and what to do with the paper when I do.

Greenbelle

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 7:57 pm
A thought just occurred to me. I will use this paper for the ashes on erev tisha b'av. I cant throw it in the trash can and this feels appropriate to me.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 8:13 pm
Greenbelle wrote:
A thought just occurred to me. I will use this paper for the ashes on erev tisha b'av. I cant throw it in the trash can and this feels appropriate to me.

oooh. dont burn up their pictures or names. put it in your tehillim and daven for their families.

granolamom

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 9:47 pm
causemommysaid wrote:
oooh. dont burn up their pictures or names. put it in your tehillim and daven for their families.

agree, I'm thinking of leaving the names with the candles for a while and then maybe using the paper as a bookmark for my tehillim or chumash.

penguin

Post Thu, Jul 03 2014, 10:00 pm
I have the paper with their names in my Tehillim and am trying bli neder to keep up saying Tehillim like I did before they were found.

Greenbelle

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 11:01 am
No NO. I would never burn their pictures, just the paper with their names because I feel that this represents tisha b'av to me, and I cant throw out the paper. I guess this seems insensitive to some of you.. but I assure you that my heart is broken and I feel that ashes for tisha b'av is the most appropriate for me. I hope that we all can somehow heal... my eyes fill up even as I write this.

blossoming

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 2:12 am
If I were you I would out the picture in the Gniza. Along with all the Kadosh papers and notes.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 6:36 am
In my neighborhood, several people had put up yard signs with the boys' pictures. Most of them are still up. Today as DD and I were walking around the neighborhood she said to me "I'm really glad to see that people still have the signs. I feel like in a way they are being remembered, and not just forgotten already."

Wise words from an 11yo.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics