Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
Smelly plastic sneakers

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 3:31 pm
My ds had an accident twice and his sneakers stink. They're not leather, but plastic. I threw them in the washing machine. I figured if they get ruined who cares because they're yuck anyway. The smell on the inside is gone, but the outside still smells. Anything I can do to help get rid of the smell. BTW, these shoes are pretty new.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 3:32 pm
Leave it in the sun.

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 3:35 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
Leave it in the sun.

Would that work? I left it out to dry, but we haven't had a sunny day in quite awhile.

MaBelleVie

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 3:37 pm
The sun is a natural deodorizer. I'm sure cloudy sun is better than nothing, but if it's stormy then it won't help.

mfb

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 4:09 pm
If you want to wash it again ammonia is good for getting rid of smells!

yo'ma

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 4:29 pm
MaBelleVie wrote:
The sun is a natural deodorizer. I'm sure cloudy sun is better than nothing, but if it's stormy then it won't help.

Okay, thanks. I put it away because it's dry, but I'll leave it out for shabbos. It's not going to get wet where I leave it and if/when the sun comes out, it does reach there.

rachel6543

Post Fri, Jul 04 2014, 9:18 pm
Maybe baking soda might help? If you're willing to wash again, you can try adding baking soda to the wash. I think that's suppose to help with odors, but I've never tried it with shoes. Good luck!

yo'ma

Post Sat, Jul 05 2014, 6:05 pm
Well, it rained the whole shabbos, so no sun. Bh he has a pair of someones old shabbos shoes while I take care of this. I'll try the sun for tomorrow and then I'll try the baking soda, if needed. Thank you! I don't know where to get amonia and don't know if I want it anyway.

Barbara

Post Sat, Jul 05 2014, 11:03 pm
yo'ma wrote:
Well, it rained the whole shabbos, so no sun. Bh he has a pair of someones old shabbos shoes while I take care of this. I'll try the sun for tomorrow and then I'll try the baking soda, if needed. Thank you! I don't know where to get amonia and don't know if I want it anyway.

Try getting Nature's Miracle, or whatever brand of odor remover they have in your local pet store.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry