Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Relationships -> Giving Gifts
What to buy for people who have everything (wedding)?

Peanut2

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:05 am
I am very late in buying a wedding present for people who truly have everything.

Here are the facts:
They are incredibly wealthy. They can buy many things I cannot. They don't fly coach.
It is a second marriage and they were living together before getting married, so they have everything they want and need for their home.
While not frum, they are Jewish, and Judaica is probably my best bet, right?
Except they live very far away in a different part of the world, and the cost of even shipping a large item would be too much. I can buy something and give it to them when they visit, but it still can't be too large.
They are relatives and have been very generous to us.

What can I get them? It has to feel 'real' - not just a token. Would like to spend about $100- $150, but could go a bit higher to $200 or $250 if necessary.

Any ideas?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:09 am
Do they use mezuzot? A beautiful mezuza cover.

Happy18

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:14 am
For those situations I like to get them something from Tiffany's. There's usually is a bowl, vase or challah knife in the $200 price range.

Last edited by Happy18 on Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Iymnok

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:28 am
many ebay listings have very good international shipping. If you contact the seller they may put a personal note or wrap it.

A birkas habayis either silver and wood or gold on black velvet is nice

freidasima

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:32 am
A specially carved challah board and knife. There are artists here in Yerushalayim who do this and ship all over the world, really beautiful stuff, we have used them in the past for such presents and they are great.

Happy18

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:33 am
freidasima wrote:
A specially carved challah board and knife. There are artists here in Yerushalayim who do this and ship all over the world, really beautiful stuff, we have used them in the past for such presents and they are great.

Do you know if any of them have a website? Looking for this type of thing. Sorry to hijack the OP.

freidasima

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:36 am
some of them do..

Raisin

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 10:00 am
a really nice mezuza case with a kosher mezuza to go inside. (they may not have kosher mezuzos, or they may not fit)

does she like cooking? a good set of kosher cookbooks.

Some other type of sefarim or books. his'n'her leather machzorim, siddurim, or chumashim. Maybe you can order this from a local to them website.

kiryat sefer

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 10:14 am
How about a gift card at duane reade its like a debit card. It cost 2.99? And u fill it up. I bought it for a friend who has everything for her newborn from sandals to a baby swings for 180$.

Barbara

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 10:46 am
Seder plate. Most Jews have a Seder, even if they're otherwise secular. And few non-religious people would think to give a Seder plate as a gift. Have it shipped to them.

Heyaaa

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 12:14 pm
You can't go wrong with Michael Aram. They're in style, they're classy and they're in your price-range. You can get a little bowl, just big enough for dips, or salad tongs. Bloomingdales has a whole selection.

Or else, I like the idea of cookbooks. Maybe you can get a cookbook and a cookbook stand. http://www.crateandbarrel.com/.....75099

If you shop today both these stores are having sales.

momfrombrooklyn

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 7:55 pm
A beautiful mezuzah can be nice. This website http://mezuzahstore.com/ has a wide price range with beautiful cases, and they provide a klaf as well.
Or how about a birchas habayis in hebrew and english, when I googled it, quite a few came up.

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:06 pm
Are you crafty, artistic? If you make something for them that's one of a kind, they won't find it anywhere else!

If not, try Etsy. There are some amazing artists on there. I believe that you can even search by country of origin, which will save you a lot of money on shipping.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics