Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels
Shaitel problems...

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:26 pm
So my shaitle got really thin and is continually losing hair I took it to someone who repairs and adds hair she said it wud cost me 600 to add hair plus more $ to fix the wefts so that it doesn't continue to lose hair plus once im doing this I might want to add hair to the bangs which wud cost about 250...
Was just curious what ur opinions r if at this pt. Shud I rather look into buying a new wig Or put work into this wig..... I dont know much about shaitels so was curious what others have to say

FranticFrummie

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:29 pm
At that price, get a new one. The hair will never lay smooth the way you're used to, and the different textures will make it tangle more.

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:39 pm
How much have you put in so far, and how long have you had it?

gr8 mom

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:41 pm
I have it for about 3 1/2 years.. No major work was put into it besides usual cuts and wash and sets...

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 8:46 pm
How much did you pay for it? It sounds like it reached the end of its life.

kb

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 9:22 pm
Where are you? If you are in Brooklyn, I suggest bringing it to Ruchama Weinreb. She doesn't actually do the repairs, she sends out, but she charged me under $100 to add hair to a wig that had hardly any hair left! She added the minimum necessary to give it more life and keep costs down, and I am very happy with the results.

You can trust her to give you advice that's good for you, not for her pocket (which may or may not be what the previous person you asked was doing). If she things it's not worth it, she'll tell you that.

Pandabeer

Post Sun, Jul 06 2014, 11:31 pm
where is she located and what's her number?

kb

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 12:32 am
Avenue L, mid teens. (718) 338-1985
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Fashion and Beauty -> Sheitels & Tichels