Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Interesting Discussions
DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THE ROYALS AND THE KARDASHIANS?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 1:39 am
I realise that the British Royal family has the whole real lineage thing going, and that they also do a lot of charity work (the latter of which is impressive to me), but I was just thinking that, really, when I read news about them, I'm just checking out Kate's outfit (I realise she doesn't have royal lineage, but whatever), just like I enjoy looking at the Kardashians' OTT getups and lifestyle (Kate does have much more flair- I'm not comparing their styles, just trying to work out why they are all compelling- what the common threads and the differences are), and celebs at the oscars, etc. I have always felt that with actresses, they at least have acting talent, singers have good voices, etc, but Kardashians are famous for being famous. I was thinking recently, then, about what the point of the royals are. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading news about Kate, and it's nice to have a glam princess out there, so tha a girl can dream Smile (did YOU never dream about being a princess- REALLY? ), but I wanted to work out for myself how they differ from this family who is famous for being famous. Now, I have to confess that I have never actually WATCHED their show, so I don't know if there is a huge moral issue with them that I don't know about. I do realise that the fact that the royals do cartable work is very praiseworthy, and that, by and large, the Kardashians do not spend their days doing charitable work, but I would like to be educated, by those who know, as to whether there are other significant differences between them, or whether they are actually more similar than we would like to think.
Just in case anyone wants to know what I would like to think:-
I do not have much admiration for people whose fame is their only claim to fame (although, as mentioned above, I do like checking out their outfits!), and I would like to think that Duchess Kate is the perfect princess, who has qualities that make her worthy of the amount of attention that the media, and the world at large, bestows upon her.
What do you think?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 2:10 am
The kardashians are very shallow and became famous because of a zex tape. They are looked down upon even by the Hollywood crowd. The royals are refined educated and charitable. They Re admired even though they were born into it.

DrMom

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 5:26 am
Yichus.
That's about it.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 5:34 am
The Royals do a lot of charitable work, and also work extremely hard for "Brand Britain", for want of a better word. They have also provided Britain with the stability that comes with a monarchy. The Kardashians....not so much! LOL

mommy3b2c

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 8:26 am
The kardashians disgust me, the royals do not. If you watch the kardashians for two minutes, you can tell they have horrible midos. Kate portrays herself as refined and sweet and as wanting to help others. Even if both families are acting, still says a lot about them based on the ways they wish to portray themselves.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 8:31 am
Kardashian fan here.

I dont think the kardahians are just famous for being famous. Maybe thats how it started, but they work very hard these days. They have a few stores, they have their own clothing line, perfume, they worked hard for what they have. Imo. I hate when people say they dont do anything and are just filthy rich! Its not easy doing what they do... maybe its easier for them cuz they have the money to work around it... example, nanny, cleaning help, chef... but its still hard to run a couple of stores, design ur own clothing line, makeup line, perfume line.... I dont see kate doing any of that! So she gives charity! Its not even the money that she earned! When the kardashians give charity, its the money they worked hard for.
(Speaking of my own experience of owning and running a few businesses! Its not easy! Even just to carry such a pressure, is crazy!)

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:28 am
The Kardashians are famous because of who their father was.,. OJ's attorney...... I know them personally. Yes, they are crazy and unrefined, but as another poster pointed out, they are hard working.

Kate happens to be much classier, but in terms of royalty she is considered a little provocative. I actually am not a fan of hers at all. I don't like how she dresses. It's very "commony," and although I always knew that her husband would not choose to take someone super Royal, I still was disappointed because I was hoping in a real royal future wife of the King of England... Too bad.......

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:32 am
amother wrote:
Kardashian fan here.

I dont think the kardahians are just famous for being famous. Maybe thats how it started, but they work very hard these days. They have a few stores, they have their own clothing line, perfume, they worked hard for what they have. Imo. I hate when people say they dont do anything and are just filthy rich! Its not easy doing what they do... maybe its easier for them cuz they have the money to work around it... example, nanny, cleaning help, chef... but its still hard to run a couple of stores, design ur own clothing line, makeup line, perfume line.... I dont see kate doing any of that! So she gives charity! Its not even the money that she earned! When the kardashians give charity, its the money they worked hard for.
(Speaking of my own experience of owning and running a few businesses! Its not easy! Even just to carry such a pressure, is crazy!)

See, I doubt the kardashians actually work that hard. They have managers and whatnot to take care of all that for them. And I don't believe that they actually design anything... What probably happens is that they go in to a meeting, discuss their vision, have actual trained designers come up with samples, and then they choose what they like. I believe that they are very distant from the whole process. They get money just to show up places, you want me to congratulate them on not keeping all the money for themselves?

fmt4

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:43 am
amother wrote:
I realise that the British Royal family has the whole real lineage thing going, and that they also do a lot of charity work (the latter of which is impressive to me), but I was just thinking that, really, when I read news about them, I'm just checking out Kate's outfit (I realise she doesn't have royal lineage, but whatever), just like I enjoy looking at the Kardashians' OTT getups and lifestyle (Kate does have much more flair- I'm not comparing their styles, just trying to work out why they are all compelling- what the common threads and the differences are), and celebs at the oscars, etc. I have always felt that with actresses, they at least have acting talent, singers have good voices, etc, but Kardashians are famous for being famous. I was thinking recently, then, about what the point of the royals are. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy reading news about Kate, and it's nice to have a glam princess out there, so tha a girl can dream Smile (did YOU never dream about being a princess- REALLY? ), but I wanted to work out for myself how they differ from this family who is famous for being famous. Now, I have to confess that I have never actually WATCHED their show, so I don't know if there is a huge moral issue with them that I don't know about. I do realise that the fact that the royals do cartable work is very praiseworthy, and that, by and large, the Kardashians do not spend their days doing charitable work, but I would like to be educated, by those who know, as to whether there are other significant differences between them, or whether they are actually more similar than we would like to think.
Just in case anyone wants to know what I would like to think:-
I do not have much admiration for people whose fame is their only claim to fame (although, as mentioned above, I do like checking out their outfits!), and I would like to think that Duchess Kate is the perfect princess, who has qualities that make her worthy of the amount of attention that the media, and the world at large, bestows upon her.
What do you think?

The kardashians are hilarious, but they are literally the dirtiest, least classy, most shallow people in the world. They curse non-stop and talk about the grossest things as dinner conversation. It's their Job to be class-less and provocative, because that's what amuses people unfortunately. Whereas it's Kate and Williams' job to be as classy as possible, make the best impression, come across as role models. If the kardashians acted like kate and William did, they'd get fired for being so boring. If the royals acted like the kardashians, they'd get in huge trouble for being so scandalous. So no, I see zero connection. People love the royals because they're like a fairy tale, people to idolize. People love (to hate) the kardashians because they're funny and shocking. Totally totally different.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:43 am
The Kardashians like attention and will do anything to get it. Kim Kardashian wearing a low cut shirt down to her stomach that shows everything, how does that even compare to Kate? They're not real celebrities. I don't understand what the whole hock about them is. If you want to call them fashion designers, then why don't we put calvin klein, tommy hilfiger, vera wang, ralph lauren on a pedestal the way the Kardashians are? The only reason they have a TV show is because they cause a lot of drama. If you actually watch the show, you'll see how unrefined and shallow they are. I used to joke I just need to watch five minutes of watching Kardashians to feel better about myself.

cookiecutter

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:47 am
To me their positions are essentially the same, but the people are different. It's like the difference between Reese Witherspoon and Lindsey Lohan. They're both celebrities whom people care about for reasons that are completely inexplicable to me. I hate when people talk about either of them. But obviously as between them I'd prefer to meet Julia Roberts.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:49 am
cookiecutter wrote:
To me their positions are essentially the same, but the people are different. It's like the difference between Reese Witherspoon and Lindsey Lohan. They're both celebrities whom people care about for reasons that are completely inexplicable to me. I hate when people talk about either of them. But obviously as between them I'd prefer to meet Julia Roberts.

Julia Roberts ran off with my neighbor's husband, Danny who was her camera run.

His ex wife was a wonderful woman.

She is a home wrecker and I hate when people just don't care about that!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 10:50 am
amother wrote:

Again, If they were in love, then I believe in following your heart, but it is still something that people should consider when being a "fan."

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 11:23 am
The royal family actually have a never used but genuine role in the running of the UK, all prime ministers report to the queen weekly, in a face to face meeting, she must approve the choice of leader and has veto rights over the law and police in the uk. She is also the head of the church, and has numerous obligations with respect to that role. The entire family have such obligations, and act as one of the most important checks on extremism, both political and religious, and justice in Britain. To think they all do no more than wear some pretty clothes, smile for the camera and do publicity stunts is to demonstrate significant ignorance about the political, legal and public role of the royal family.

Admittedly, I know little about the Kardashians, but I doubt Obama reports to them weekly, or even monthly, in order for them to contribute to the running of the country in both internal and foreign policies.

And lots of Brits don't actually know the true role of the Queen, to be fair to you Yanks Wink Wink

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 12:13 pm
To the one who posted she was hoping for a 'real royal wife' for William, I'm curious, how would this 'real royal fan' differ from Kate? As a huge Kate fan - I'm curious

deena19k

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 12:26 pm
amother wrote:
Again, If they were in love, then I believe in following your heart, but it is still something that people should consider when being a "fan."

Seriously? So you have no problem with someone cheating on their spouse? Seriously? !

cookiecutter

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 1:58 pm
amother wrote:

LOL I had switched it to Reese Witherspoon because I had a vague recollection of something like that with Julia Roberts. But I forgot to switch the second reference. The point is the same though, and I guess you can see I don't follow them closely.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 2:16 pm
to the poster who thinks that Kate's style is "commony"-I'm curious to know who you think has a sense of style that would be appropriate for the wife of the future king?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 2:52 pm
amother wrote:
to the poster who thinks that Kate's style is "commony"-I'm curious to know who you think has a sense of style that would be appropriate for the wife of the future king?

Definitely a lot more "Escada Style."

I would like to be seeing a private clothing line like what the Queen has.

I was disappointed to see her wearing clothing that could be purchased in regular department stores with prices ranging from $40-$500. Even if this only occurred a handful of times, it is unacceptable for a Royal. It may have boosted Britain's economy since people could buy the same clothing as the queen, but it cheapens the royals. That's William. That's who he always was going to grow up and marry. She's far too "trendy" rather than "classy." Her hair length is not dignified. She often does not wear panty hose. There are pictures of her in sporty pants outfits, including jeans. It's a hot topic of discussion with many opinions. Still, with fears of William marrying someone much more of commoner than Kate, I guess we're all pleasantly surprised with her, even if she is not what we imagine or would like her to be.

Kate is far behind all of the other Royals in terms of charity work as well. She may do things privately which is commendable, but Royals must do it publically.

I could go on and on, but am not interested in. I'm sure she is a wonderful person (well, I have no way to know), but would be happy seeing a Royal actually be much more Royal. Then again, she's not really as Royal as the Queen by blood anyways.

Soul on fire

Post Mon, Jul 07 2014, 3:01 pm
The Kardashians are not famous because of their dad. They are famous because Kim made a relations tape with a rapper named Ray-J and she used to be best friends with Paris Hilton.
They may be as well known as the Royal British family but I don't think they are in any way the same.
I find it very disturbing that our American "royals" are celebrity trash. Sad for us and the future of our American society.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics