Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Chinuch, Education & Schooling
Mashkiach called a boy fatso

amother

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 9:38 pm
My friend told me a story that her brother called up from camp crying that his mashgiach told her brother " go daven fat so " and this boy is over weight. I was so shocked and said the mashgiach should be fired!! But when the parents called on conference to yell at him he said why do you have to call to gogether to yell it's chutzpah!, and he didn't even apologize!!!! I don't know I think this guy is abusive and should be fired!!!!

Learning

Post Wed, Jul 09 2014, 10:11 pm
Yes. He should be fired. He sounds abusive.

Soul on fire

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:15 am
Wow what a jerk!! He should at least be made to apologize and be disciplined. I am sorry it happened to that boy, hopefully it was a one time thing but probably not. Sad

momX4

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:19 am
I have a DS that is overweight, So I understand the hurt.

My question is why didnt the parents drive to camp and take their DS home? Or atleast talk to the administrator and see if the DS can have a different mashgiach.

It is unacceptable to leave your DC in a hurtful environment. The boy was hurt badly enough emotionally that he told his parents about it. Parents are supposed to be their childs advocate.

rising hero

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:46 am
Omg! shock That's terrible! I feel so bad for this boy and all the other boys that are being overseen by this so-called mashgiach! He's obviously part of those who are in the wrong profession, in which they often tend to be corrupt and disgregard everything but their power, fame, or money... Sad

Talya

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:59 am
He should be fired. I don't care how bad a day he was having or how hard a time he was having getting the kid to daven.

morah

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 12:08 pm
momX4 wrote:
I have a DS that is overweight, So I understand the hurt.

My question is why didnt the parents drive to camp and take their DS home? Or atleast talk to the administrator and see if the DS can have a different mashgiach.

It is unacceptable to leave your DC in a hurtful environment. The boy was hurt badly enough emotionally that he told his parents about it. Parents are supposed to be their childs advocate.

Whi says they arent doing that right this very second? Maybe they wanted to call first and get the story straight. But after such a phone call, I sure hope they got in the car to go get him.

Happy18

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 12:11 pm
If this man is not fired the kid should be pulled out of camp ASAP. This isn't acceptable and no one should be paying to have their child treated this way.

ElTam

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 1:27 pm
They should call the mashgiach's boss. He will probably be even more mean to the kid now that he's been called out by the parents. I would go that day and get my kid from camp and you would not want to see the scene I would make when I did it.

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 2:10 pm
Tell your son that the Mashgiach is unfortunately not terribly bright and that is why he is a grown up and this is his job. Remind him that is why we study hard in school so we don't grow up to be an ignorant moron like the mashgiach.

Not every adult your child comes across is going to be mentally healthy.

This guy sounds like a BIG bully.

The camp should not be hiring adults that do not like children.

I'm sure visiting day is coming up I hope your husband hunts this loser down and gives him a piece of his mind!!!!

MaBelleVie

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 2:21 pm
ValleyMom wrote:
Tell your son that the Mashgiach is unfortunately not terribly bright and that is why he is a grown up and this is his job.

What does this mean?

ValleyMom

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 2:56 pm
Uh Oh.
I didn't mean anything by it. I was simply rambling, although now that I reread my post it can come off as offensive.
I meant nothing by it.

Me, being quite "plump" found the thread hurtful and I guess I vented without too much thought.
Sorry.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics