Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Have no energy for this anymore

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 7:40 am
My daughter does not have any diagnosis. She is challenging because, I guess, we don't click. I just don't know how to make her happy. She is 4.
I know she is needy and I try to give her everything she needs, but sometimes she doesn't even get what I am doing!
I was always reading amother's confessions here like "My mother told me I am stupid, or I hate you!" I thought, WHo could do this to her child?
But now I catch myself thinking like that about my daughter. Like today, she wanted to take some food item from the fridge. It was too high up for her, so she was standing there forever on her tip toes, at the open fridge. I came, took the food out of the fridge and shut the door. She threw a tantrum because she thought I won't let her have the food. But I was actually helping her!!! I tried to explain that she can have it now, but she wouldn't hear about it because she was busy wailing! I just gave up and left the room before I did or said something hurtful. What I wanted to do most was to throw this stupid food at her face!!!!
And yes, I thought" How stupid ARE you because you won't recognize when someone does you a favor!"
I just feel like I am running in a labyrinth and keep hitting the wall.
Sad
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)