Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Finances
How much do you pay each month for car insurance per car?

Under $50  
 4%  [ 2 ]
$50 - $75  
 13%  [ 6 ]
$75 - $100  
 25%  [ 11 ]
$100 - $150  
 39%  [ 17 ]
$150 - $175  
 2%  [ 1 ]
$175 - $200  
 2%  [ 1 ]
Over $200  
 11%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 43

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:31 am

If you want to add to discussion, please tell us if it's a small car or minivan or SUV and where you live.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 11:46 am
It also depends if you own the car outright or are making payments. In Massachusetts, we were paying $175 per month for an older car that we were making payments on (bought used), but about $75-$80 per month for an older model minivan that we own outright.

The driving history of the drivers also makes a big difference - DH has a few speeding tickets from several years ago that definitely bring the price up somewhat.

questioner

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 12:05 pm
about $560/ twice a yr (discount for paying lump sum instead of monthly) so average of a little under 100 per month.
Car, owned outright, in NJ, using Progressive.
I'd love to get it down if anyone knows any better deals! I shopped around a while ago and we switched from Geico which was 605 twice a year.

causemommysaid

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 12:25 pm
I pay 950 a year for two small cars. I have full coverage- liability, collision, and comprehensive.

That comes out to less than $40 a month per car.

ya I know its a good deal

baskrox

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 1:17 pm
We have 2 minivans in Baltimore. An 02 and a 2010.
We pay $169/mth for both cars. We paid $112 with just the 02 and since we had it first it's our primary car, the second car is always much cheaper...

MrsDash

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 1:48 pm
One car -about 34 a month, which includes full coverage.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 1:53 pm
we pay something between $600-700 every 6 months. It used to be about $350-400 but then DH had a small incident (wasnt even $1000 worth of damage) but the premiums still went up Sad

thats for a owned used 2009 sedan.

amother

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 2:03 pm
When we lived in IL, was under $50/month for a used older car.

questioner

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 2:08 pm
What company do those of you with good rates use?

livinginisrael

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 3:25 pm
speeding tickets will def bring premiums up. Auto ins in NJ is usually less expensive than NY. Also depends on amount of coverage you have.

Willow43

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 4:29 pm
2006 nissan altima, full coverage, 150 per month, living out of town. I know we can get cheaper but I have bad credit and my husband was in an accident a couple of years ago and got a couple of tickets, one thats in a payment plan right now. I think thats why its not cheaper.

skymile

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 4:39 pm
I live in boro park, I'm under 25, have a lease on a new Camry so I need full coverage. hub has/had points so that upped the amount. I'm paying semi yearly and it comes out a little over $100 a month ($657 every 6 months). I have insurance with Nationwide. everything is completely on the up and up.

I just (yesterday) got a new car- a mini van and am paying around $700 semi yearly.

I should add that I have a perfect driving record. not a single ticket. (BH) I also have excellent credti

ven

Post Thu, Jul 10 2014, 6:01 pm
90 dollars a month . brand new car -not leased . all risk and the liability . belgium Very Happy Very Happy

pinksmoothie

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 2:57 pm
Car Insurance rates are based on many different factors, following are the factors that matter most:

Personal credit score,
driving record,
drivers experience,
Age,
Martial status,
Location,
Car usage,

Then you have discounts for the following:
College degree,
Homeowner,
multi car discount,

And don't forget that once you have a rate it depends on your limits of coverage and the value of your car.

So don't get mad on your insurance broker for paying much higher than you think the average is....

Always shop around rates by more then one insurance broker, as well try Geico since brokers don't have access to them.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 3:06 pm
Very strange story... I had 2 accidents which werent my fault. most places wont take me. Geico wanted over 500 a month. Progressive wanted over 300.

Finally, my husband insured car in his name only it would be 150 with the snapshot device installed. When he drove exclusively, rates didnt go down. When I started driving primarily, (technically Im not insured) , the rates went down to 99 a month
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics