Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
Would you want someone to tell you...?

Bitachon101

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 2:29 am
Let's say you're at a simcha and something's off with your clothing such as a button open, shirt inside out, run in stockings, stain, partially see through, skirt stuck in tights, tissue on ur shoe etc.
Would you want someone to tell you or rather figure it out on ur own there or after u leave??

I think in cases where I would be able to fix it quickly like close a button, tissue on shoe, I'd want to be told asap.
A run in stocking, probably better if I figured out after leave so don't have the self consciousness.
At a simcha today I was wearing a white shell with a chiffon top. Someone came and told me that you can see my bra in back starkly right thru it. I was surprised b/c I don't recall it being an issue when I tried it on but if it was I felt really awkward. On the one had there were men there and I wanted to make it back to my car asap without feeling like my undergarment was on display. On the otherhand, I almost rather not have known til after the fact where it couldve been an "oops moment, too late now"
When the person told me I was kind of embarrassed. But if it was true I probably would want to be made aware of it. Truth is when I came home and asked dh, he said he doesn't know what I'm talkin abt, its so not see through. Yes you could make out the outline of the bra but he thought it wasn't an issue.
I'm not sure what to think now and if its wearable....

Motherlee

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 2:45 am
Why don't you just wear a nude or white bra next time you wear it?

I only wear light colored bras under light colored shells. Yes, they usually are see-through.

zaq

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 3:08 am
Never wear white under white clothing. Skintone is the way to go. White on white shines like a lighthouse.

That being said, the person was wrong to tell you, since there was nothing you could do about it at the time. There's a point to telling someone only if she can remedy the situation then and there. Toilet paper stuck to your shoe, spinach in your teeth, that sort of thing.

FranticFrummie

Post Fri, Jul 11 2014, 4:29 am
I only tell someone if it is immediately fixable. Otherwise, you're just going to make the person miserable.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics