Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Fashion and Beauty
How many skirts do you own?
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

octopus

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 6:19 pm
6 skirts that I alternate between.

zigi

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 6:20 pm
there are really nice styles these days, colorful pencil skirts, maxi skirts with patterns, cute denim, short and gathered. if I had the body to wear nice stuff I would. and time lol. I have 4 black skirts 3 denim that I wear all the time. I do have nicer things but I am not in the mood of tights. I wear socks and they don't go well with cute skirts.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 6:25 pm
Squishy wrote:
Where do you keep them? Do you have a giant walk in?

I do Smile

imasinger

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 7:21 pm
12 casual skirts (macabi brand) for casual wear and preschool teaching. A couple have stains or small holes. 6 floral prints, another 6 nicer skirts, and 3 suits. A couple of dresses, too.

There are a bunch more in my closet that I am afraid to get rid of until I have kept this weight offa few more years. embarrassed

finallyamommy

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 7:29 pm
4 for Shabbos. 1 black, 1 black with flower pattern, 2 of different shades of blue.

For weekday/work, 3 black, 2 khaki, 1 navy.

2 too-short ones that I have turned into slips.

1 long/flowy flowered one that I feel like doesn't really work in my community and I don't wear anymore.

I think that's it.

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 7:31 pm
superdanni wrote:
I do Smile

It has to be the size of a small room! I have a decent size closet and it is not big enough. Do you have that many tops also? What about coats etc? Did you give up space for this?

I am having some serious issues organizing my wardrobe so I am asking with a purpose.

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 7:43 pm
Squishy wrote:
It has to be the size of a small room! I have a decent size closet and it is not big enough. Do you have that many tops also? What about coats etc? Did you give up space for this?

I am having some serious issues organizing my wardrobe so I am asking with a purpose.

It is. It's the main closet in our apartment. It's big enough that it's not mine alone (don't picture a glamourois closer with skylights. It's big but also has our laundry sorter, a deep freezer, half of my husbands wardrobe, all of our coats, my handbags etx etx) I do have a lot of tops but those are in my dresser (rotates by season. sweaters are now in space bags under the bed)

papermageling

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 7:48 pm
4. Two black (one midcalf, one ankle) both in poor condition, one tan linen one, and a reversible patterned one.

I'd have at least a few more if we had any money. I don't think it's bad to have more, as long as you have a reason for having them. Like, if you have a ton that you bought but never wear, that's silly.

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:21 pm
superdanni wrote:
It is. It's the main closet in our apartment. It's big enough that it's not mine alone (don't picture a glamourois closer with skylights. It's big but also has our laundry sorter, a deep freezer, half of my husbands wardrobe, all of our coats, my handbags etx etx) I do have a lot of tops but those are in my dresser (rotates by season. sweaters are now in space bags under the bed)

Wow! It is like the size of a room! DH is not answering me about taking over one of my bathrooms for a closet. I think he is hoping that I am joking. I wish I could use under the bed storage, but my Rabbi is against this.

I just had someone do California type closets this week with the intention of getting rid of my dresser in my room. I told my husband he is losing a quarter of his closet at least. I also told him that I need at least half the coat closet in the hallway.

Do you use those hangers that can hold 6 skirts? Do you have any tips other than construct a giant closet?

Even if I got rid of half my skirts, I still don't have the room.

Frumdoc

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:34 pm
I have more skirts than I need, but fewer than I want LOL

We have pull out cupboards built into our sloping roof, so lots of closet space. I still rotate winter/ summer clothes, either from back to front of closet or put the unseasonal clothes away in storage boxes so I have room to access the stuff I want.

I do find that with more space I can see my clothes better so actually use more, rather than stuff it all in and then end up using the same few outfits as they get rotated from front of closet to washing basket and back.

But I'm also someone who changes clothes several times a day, work wear is only for work, I have casual/ homewear for evenings, different stuff for days off, gym or running clothes, staying at home all day cleaning or kitchen clothes, shabbos clothes, smart workwear, formal/ interview clothes, feeling young and silly clothes, going to chassidish family clothes, going hiking clothes.......I'm getting embarrassed at the whole idea, I'm a wannabe minimalist who just can't resist a bargain!

amother

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:35 pm
Squishy wrote:
I wish I could use under the bed storage, but my Rabbi is against this.

There is a halacha about not storing food under a bed. But clothes? What could be the problem?

pesek zman

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:35 pm
Squishy wrote:
Wow! It is like the size of a room! DH is not answering me about taking over one of my bathrooms for a closet. I think he is hoping that I am joking. I wish I could use under the bed storage, but my Rabbi is against this.

I just had someone do California type closets this week with the intention of getting rid of my dresser in my room. I told my husband he is losing a quarter of his closet at least. I also told him that I need at least half the coat closet in the hallway.

Do you use those hangers that can hold 6 skirts? Do you have any tips other than construct a giant closet?

Even if I got rid of half my skirts, I still don't have the room.

I really don't have any tips. My closet is enormous. No joke, it's IYH our future nursery Smile my skirts are in single hangers......

ValleyMom

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 8:44 pm
I'm plus size so if I'm shopping and it look stood and the price is right I buy it. I probably have 30 skirts in all.
Six suits- I bought 3 of them at the Lord and Taylor outlet two weeks ago... they had a special ALL suits in plus size $29 I bought two Tahari suits and one Ellen Tracy suit. Did I NEED them? No. But the price was right and now I have stuff to wear to a wedding/Bar Mitzvah etc.

Blue jay

Post Sun, Jul 13 2014, 10:11 pm
4 long skirts ankle length
1 knee length skirt

And yet I still have nothing to wear! Twisted Evil

Barbara

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:45 am
ValleyMom wrote:
I'm plus size so if I'm shopping and it look stood and the price is right I buy it. I probably have 30 skirts in all.
Six suits- I bought 3 of them at the Lord and Taylor outlet two weeks ago... they had a special ALL suits in plus size $29 I bought two Tahari suits and one Ellen Tracy suit. Did I NEED them? No. But the price was right and now I have stuff to wear to a wedding/Bar Mitzvah etc.

And you didn't invite me?

I work, and I don't like repeating things in a two week period, plus a few extras, plus suits for court. And extra casual things for vacations and the like. Winter and summer.

Those of you who only own 3 or 4 skirts, do you wear wool and tweed in the summer? Flowery things in the winter?

I've built my wardrobe over the years. So the skirt I wore to run errands this morning is 4 or 5 years old. The skirt I changed into for a BBQ was from last year. And lots of things are older than that.

And I have a tiny closet.

Ruchel

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:12 am
Squishy wrote:
I have a few with tags still on from last summer. I wore almost all the others this past year. This thread and the fact I want to convert a bathroom into a walk in has got me thinking I should cull my closet.

I change several times a day. I start the day usually in a long skirt in my house. I change into a gym skirt for exercise. I then change into another outfit to go about my day outside the house. That's three skirts a day. On Friday not a 4th outfit is necessary. I generally change twice on Shabbos.

wow! like a queen!

syrima

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:21 am
OP, I probably have about 20 skirts - not crazy at all.
When I was younger and just at home I had less.
But now that I work I just feel better having more variety.
And when you are commuting in the winter, you cannot wear a summery skirt - your legs will freeze!

I like a certain style of skirt - "trumpet style" and not too short or too long.
It is hard to find, so when I find one, I buy it! I would say that on average the skirts I buy are usually under $40.
If you get the 4 skirt- hangers then it will look like less to DH! Very Happy

suzyq

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:40 am
I have about 10 I wear regularly. Then I have probably 10-15 others that I will put on occasionally.

sky

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:55 am
I have a lot of skirts. but I've had them for years. If I buy 2 skirts a season = 4 skirts per year - over 12 years I have 48 skirts. Lets say 1 gets ruined every 2 years. Its still over 40 skirts. I don't think that is so insane.
Today I'm wearing a light pink long flowery flowy skirt that I bought over 15 years ago as part of a shabbos outfit in high school. Today I wear it as a pretty weekday skirt. I wouldn't wear it in the winter.
And that doesn't include maternity - but I probably only have 5 total for that.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:58 pm
Am I the only one who just has one skirt? In theory I have 5 in total, but the other ones are way to small for me now.
I wear my skirt everyday. When it needs to be washed, I just let it dry during the night.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics