Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Brooklyn College

chaiz

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 8:30 am
If you are currently studying there or recently graduated from Brooklyn College, how would you rate your experience, academically? Do you feel you have opportunities now with the degree from that school? I am interested in the computer science/engineering field. Private schools are not really an option due to cost.

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 10:44 am
chaiz wrote:
If you are currently studying there or recently graduated from Brooklyn College, how would you rate your experience, academically? Do you feel you have opportunities now with the degree from that school? I am interested in the computer science/engineering field. Private schools are not really an option due to cost.

I believe they have a transfer option for some engineering degrees. I have a friend who started out there and then they have an option of choosing from a few other city college options to complete the degree. She was happy with the program but I don't know too much. Definitely speak to the department there because unless you're doing straight up CS I believe it's an unusual setup.

chaiz

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:01 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
I believe they have a transfer option for some engineering degrees. I have a friend who started out there and then they have an option of choosing from a few other city college options to complete the degree. She was happy with the program but I don't know too much. Definitely speak to the department there because unless you're doing straight up CS I believe it's an unusual setup.

What are the options to complete the degree? Why would someone not stay in one place?
What is an unusual setup?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:04 am
They don't offer every degree on site. I don't know much, speak to the department for more info.

chaiz

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:07 am
MaBelleVie wrote:
They don't offer every degree on site. I don't know much, speak to the department for more info.

Thanks. Was looking for feedback from their students. So if anyone has anything to add about that, it would be great.

Thanks.

JAWSCIENCE

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:13 am
They have computer science degrees. They do not have engineering degrees. Instead there is a program where students seeking engineering degrees complete two years at Brooklyn then transfer to polytechnic or another cuny.

chaiz

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:16 am
JAWSCIENCE wrote:
They have computer science degrees. They do not have engineering degrees. Instead there is a program where students seeking engineering degrees complete two years at Brooklyn then transfer to polytechnic or another cuny.

Do you have any experience with them or that of your friends/acquaintances? What about polytechnic? What is your impression of the academics of the school and quality of learning?

MaBelleVie

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:09 pm
My friend who started at Brooklyn transferred to poly, which is now part of NYU. She is extremely happy there and has had excellent opportunities.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics