Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)
Does Anyone Have Experience With Yaakov Sputz LMHC?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 10:55 am
Any info would be helpful. Thanks.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:20 pm
We used him when we were having issues with our child and he was extremely helpful. I found that he really understood my son and he helped guide us through treatment and parenting etc...He is unique in that he is a rebbe as well, so he was able to help my son's yeshiva deal with issues from that perspective which really helped him succeed in school. If you have any specific questions, ask.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:25 pm
amother wrote:
We used him when we were having issues with our child and he was extremely helpful. I found that he really understood my son and he helped guide us through treatment and parenting etc...He is unique in that he is a rebbe as well, so he was able to help my son's yeshiva deal with issues from that perspective which really helped him succeed in school. If you have any specific questions, ask.

Thanks for you response! Quick question. What do you mean by "helped guide you through treatment"? I understood that he is a behavioral therapist and will work directly with child as well.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:35 pm
We started seeing him when my son was young, just starting yeshiva, and after 2 years rabbi sputz helped guide us to psychiatrist as he felt my son needed to be medicated at that point. We unfortunately do not live in that area any longer, and had to switch therapists. We still do travel in to see him sporadically , not for treatment but more to consult with him when different issues arise or we need his advice. I wish we would be able to use him as a primary therapist, he is truly the best. When we moved we tried a few professionals till we found one who worked for us and our child, but you are very lucky if you can see him on a weekly basis.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 12:41 pm
amother wrote:
We started seeing him when my son was young, just starting yeshiva, and after 2 years rabbi sputz helped guide us to psychiatrist as he felt my son needed to be medicated at that point. We unfortunately do not live in that area any longer, and had to switch therapists. We still do travel in to see him sporadically , not for treatment but more to consult with him when different issues arise or we need his advice. I wish we would be able to use him as a primary therapist, he is truly the best. When we moved we tried a few professionals till we found one who worked for us and our child, but you are very lucky if you can see him on a weekly basis.

Thanks. That sounds encouraging because we've been around the block a few times and really need someone good.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 2:42 pm
Is he located in Boro Park and can I have his number?

I'm desperate for a a good therapist for my eleven year old son

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 2:44 pm
I am the OP. He is located in Boro Park but I do not have his number handy. I will try to remember to post it later when I have it with me.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 2:47 pm
amother wrote:
Is he located in Boro Park and can I have his number?

I'm desperate for a a good therapist for my eleven year old son

I am the OP. He is located in Boro Park but I do not have his number handy. I will try to remember to post it later when I have it with me.

Also, every therapist has their area of expertise. I am not sure what area of expertise you are looking for. But you should probably make sure he has experience with whatever your situation is.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Parenting our children -> Our Challenging Children (gifted, ADHD, sensitive, defiant)