Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help with running a small business (selling bows/headbands)

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:38 pm
I currently make and sell bows and girls hair accessories. I have a small niche of people who buy from me consistently, but after costs of materials, I am not really making a significant amount of money.

The problem is that I do not really have a large sum of money to put into starting up the business.
I have not lost any money, but my profit is minimal.

Anyone have suggestions of what I can do to advance my small business with out putting so much money into it to start off?

I enjoy making and selling my items, but I am not really a business woman, so that aspect isn't my strong point.

I also do not want to sell on etsy or ebay, buy I have sold at craft shows.

TIA

flmommy

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:46 pm
Can you sell at shul functions or pre-pesach sales? My children's school sometimes sends home flyers advertising different people's business in their backpacks.

TwinsMommy

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 9:49 pm
sell at bulk cost to retailers? If I were you I'd definitely go the etsy route.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 10:02 pm
I've sold pre yomim tovim at different sales put on by the community. The problem is that we are a small community and there is only so much you can sell to the same people.

I need a better way of advertising both inside and outside of the community, and I need to find cheaper suppliers.

I don't really like ordering from china because it takes forever to get here and the quality is not great. On the other hand, I always end up ordering smaller quantities from suppliers that are in the US and paying a more.

Does anyone know of a way to publicize on a website that is cheap or free? I have never made a website. As of now I advertise on FB and I have given out business cards at sales and craft shows.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics