Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Can I take food into a bathroom? What if double wrapped?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 10:59 pm
I need to go to the mikvah tomorrow, after the fast. I dont want to wait till the fast is over, eat and then go because by then it will be late. There will probably be a long line late at night and I would rather get home earlier.
My plan is to get the the mikvah at shkiah when they open so that I can toivel at zman.
My question is can I bring along some food and water to eat/ drink when I come out of the bathroom? I would not feel comfortable leaving the food with the receptionist because its a big place and I am worried it would get lost.

seeker

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:11 pm
You can bring wrapped food into a bathroom.
Can you do most preps at home, eat, and then to the mikvah for a quick shower and dip?

cholenteater

Post Mon, Jul 14 2014, 11:30 pm
The food should be double wrapped. It shouldn't be a problem but you can ask your rav.
On a side note, maybe you can go to a mikva that is further away and has shorter wait time? The travel time might be shorter than the line. Hatzlacha!

Edited- woops didn't realize you plan on being there right when it opens.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 12:24 pm
thanks for responding

I dont want to eat at home first because I think many people will do that and I wont want to deal with a long wait. Shkiah is so late as it is.

Iymnok

Post Tue, Jul 15 2014, 12:37 pm
What they said- double wrap, also the water bottle.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions