Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children -> Infants
Why is my baby different? What am I doing wrong?
Previous  1  2  3

amother

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 4:28 am
Wow, I feel so much better after your responses. Now I feel a) reassured that I'm doing nothing wrong and b) armed with some new ideas.

I've read the baby whisperer book but my problem with the EASY routine is that my baby is impossible to wake when he is actually asleep - and if I didn't let him fall asleep while feeding I don't think he would sleep very much at all!

I actually have the baby ktan carrier, funny that one was mentioned 2x, and it works well for outings. If I go to the makolet 5 mins away with the baby in the carrier, he is asleep by the time we get there. It's only useful if I have stuff to do though, like shopping, housework etc. because if I want to sleep I can't keep him in the carrier!

I really hope he is overtired and not that he doesn't need sleep. I'm reluctant to get him to sleep so much in the day in case he is awake more at night (if that's possible!).

Some days a bedtime routine works well - I try to do small feed, bath, big feed, put down to sleep. Some nights he goes down, others he screams until 3am and will only (sometimes) be soothed if DH takes him for a walk outside!

Thank you all again, I woke up this morning without feeling that 'oh no, not again' feeling.

OP

Iymnok

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 4:44 am
You're doing great!

granolamom

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 3:49 pm
amother wrote:
Wow, I feel so much better after your responses. Now I feel a) reassured that I'm doing nothing wrong and b) armed with some new ideas.

I've read the baby whisperer book but my problem with the EASY routine is that my baby is impossible to wake when he is actually asleep - and if I didn't let him fall asleep while feeding I don't think he would sleep very much at all!

I actually have the baby ktan carrier, funny that one was mentioned 2x, and it works well for outings. If I go to the makolet 5 mins away with the baby in the carrier, he is asleep by the time we get there. It's only useful if I have stuff to do though, like shopping, housework etc. because if I want to sleep I can't keep him in the carrier!

I really hope he is overtired and not that he doesn't need sleep. I'm reluctant to get him to sleep so much in the day in case he is awake more at night (if that's possible!).

Some days a bedtime routine works well - I try to do small feed, bath, big feed, put down to sleep. Some nights he goes down, others he screams until 3am and will only (sometimes) be soothed if DH takes him for a walk outside!

Thank you all again, I woke up this morning without feeling that 'oh no, not again' feeling.

OP

I used to get my housework done while my baby slept in a wrap on my back. shopping too. only thing I couldnt do was sit down, that would wake her up.

and weirdly enough, I found that the more my babies napped during the day, the better they slept at night (note that my babies never took mega naps of more than 2 hrs, usually they just catnapped 15 -30 min here and there)

sped

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 4:21 pm
I also had a hard time believing that sleeping more would lead to better sleep at night, but it really worked for my babies.
Page 3 of 3 Previous  1  2  3 Recent Topics