Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
Change of schedule=making another lose parnassa?

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 8:42 pm
I had to register my child in playgroup 6 months ago to ensure he had a slot somewhere for next year. my schedule suddenly changed, so I need longer hours for him. this playgroup morah probably turned people down 6 months ago because she was full. im feeling quite guilty to call her up now & say hey, you thought you were getting 12 kids? well, its only 11 now, sorry! youre losing 1/12 of your salary, because most people here registered their kids 6 months ago so I doubt youll find another

my dh spoke to a rav who said what should you do, you had to register a long time ago, had no idea youd need longer hours, what choice do you have? you can for sure back out now

I guess I would be able to bring him to a friends house before I leave to work, & ask someone to bring him home every day until I get home. but I feel uncomfortable asking anyone, a I dont know the other mothers who are sending to this place

I guess this is just a vent, because I doubt anyone can help me, unless you had a similar experience & figured out what to do

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 8:48 pm
If you were supposed to start in September and she is a good sitter she will almost definitely find someone before then to fill the slot. You can put the word out yourself for all those last minute people. Also, she should have some sort of policy for this situation. If she doesn't, it isn't really your fault Smile

studying_torah

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 9:09 pm
In Lakewood ppl advertise in the local magazines for s/ o to take over their spot. Not sure if they do it on their own, or they were asked to.
I know I had to pull my son out of day camp before it started, and the Morah insisted we need to ask a shaila whether I owed her the money or not. I don't recall what her Rav said.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 9:25 pm
studying_torah wrote:
In Lakewood ppl advertise in the local magazines for s/ o to take over their spot. Not sure if they do it on their own, or they were asked to.
I know I had to pull my son out of day camp before it started, and the Morah insisted we need to ask a shaila whether I owed her the money or not. I don't recall what her Rav said.

op here
thanks, I was for sure planning on doing this but I really doubt ill find someone to take over

zaq

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 9:37 pm
Very admirable of you to be concerned about the provider, though this being only July and the term starting in Sept., chances are they will fill the slot soon enough. However, the rav said it was OK to back out. If you're going to second-guess the Rav, why bother asking him in the first place?

justforfun87

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 9:59 pm
She should of taken a non refundable deposit, don't feel bad.

amother

Post Wed, Jul 16 2014, 10:09 pm
zaq wrote:
Very admirable of you to be concerned about the provider, though this being only July and the term starting in Sept., chances are they will fill the slot soon enough. However, the rav said it was OK to back out. If you're going to second-guess the Rav, why bother asking him in the first place?

op here
I didnt ask, I told my dh I dont think its right so he asked without my knowing. perhaps this is in wrong forum, because I got the halachik response (though I wonder what would happen if she asks her rav & he rules in her favor)
I guess this belongs in manners & etiquette, I feel bad about this though halacha says I can do it
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions