Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> In the News
Pro-Russian terrorists shoot down plane: 295 people dead
Previous  1  2  3  4  Next

ectomorph

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:18 pm
worldpeace wrote:
Lady who posted in Russian : this is not a Russian site
Please don't be rude, to speak in language we don't all understand on here is rude
As it would be if you were speaking on front of my face

Thank you
She only said "Page not found", probably cut and pasted, to show the link wasn't working.
I used google translate, not too much trouble.
Let's be dan l'kaf zchus?

rachel91

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:24 pm
worldpeace wrote:
Lady who posted in Russian : this is not a Russian site
Please don't be rude, to speak in language we don't all understand on here is rude
As it would be if you were speaking on front of my face

Thank you

I posted in Russian, what was written on the site, ' This page is currently unavailable', I would never discuss something in Russian, that has something to do with this site, nor would I discuss other members in any other language.
And it certainly wouldn't be rude if I would say a sentence in Russian (or any other language) in front of your face.
Do you never hear people speak in other languages around you ( if the conversation has nothing to do with you)?

rachel91

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:27 pm
ectomorph wrote:
She only said "Page not found", probably cut and pasted, to show the link wasn't working.
I used google translate, not too much trouble.
Let's be dan l'kaf zchus?

Thanks, ectomorph! yes, google translate is a big help sometimes, and stupid some other times, but that's not the point Smile

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:29 pm
All the info -- screenshot of Strelkov's tweet, recording of the conversation after the plane was shot down -- are on FB, but I don't know how to copy from FB on mobile.

Ok I figured out how to copy youtube link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe.....o2n6g

rachel91

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:33 pm
sequoia wrote:
All the info -- screenshot of Strelkov's tweet, recording of the conversation after the plane was shot down -- are on FB, but I don't know how to copy from FB on mobile.

Ok I figured out how to copy youtube link:
https://m.youtube.com/watch?fe.....o2n6g

Sorry, but this looks to me like it could have been recorded anywhere, I don't even know who Strelkov is (so I certainly don't follow him on twitter).

Look, whoever did this, did a terrible thing. This is a horrific tragedy and focusing on politics now, won't help in any case.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:45 pm
rachel91 wrote:
Sorry, but this looks to me like it could have been recorded anywhere, I don't even know who Strelkov is (so I certainly don't follow him on twitter).

Look, whoever did this, did a terrible thing. This is a horrific tragedy and focusing on politics now, won't help in any case.

Focusing on politics now won't help... What exactly does that mean?

Strelkov is the leader of the terrorist pro-Russian government in Donetsk, who took credit for bringing down the plane.

Took credit for doing it.

Get it?

Your "not knowing who he is" doesn't make the terrorists less responsible, and your being uninformed does not bring back the dead.

This isn't a tragedy like a hurricane. 295 people died because their plane was shot down. And yet you say, nonsensically, that we "shouldn't focus on politics" -- ie it's okay for the terrorists, aided and supplied by Putin's regime, to kill whomever they want, because pointing it out means "focusing on politics."

Confronting evil is not "focusing on politics." It is the right, and the only, thing to do.

rachel91

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 6:53 pm
sequoia wrote:
Focusing on politics now won't help... What exactly does that mean?

Strelkov is the leader of the terrorist pro-Russian government in Donetsk, who took credit for bringing down the plane.

Took credit for doing it.

Get it?

Your "not knowing who he is" doesn't make the terrorists less responsible, and your being uninformed does not bring back the dead.

This isn't a tragedy like a hurricane. 295 people died because their plane was shot down. And yet you say, nonsensically, that we "shouldn't focus on politics" -- ie it's okay for the terrorists, aided and supplied by Putin's regime, to kill whomever they want, because pointing it out means "focusing on politics."

Confronting evil is not "focusing on politics." It is the right, and the only, thing to do.

As far as I know the regime in Donetsk is not 'pro russian', but anti the current ukrainian ruling, which is not the same.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:00 pm
rachel91 wrote:
As far as I know the regime in Donetsk is not 'pro russian', but anti the current ukrainian ruling, which is not the same.

Right, that would make it ok to shoot down commercial flights heading from Amsterdam to Kuala Lumpur, full of innocent people who have nothing to do with the conflict.

Except you know WRONG. You are misinformed. The current regime in DNR is financed, supplied, aided and abetted entirely by the Russian government. Putin supplies them weapons, money, and fighters from Chechnya (great guys!).

You may refuse to admit that Putin is now Kaddafi. But it won't stop being true.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:12 pm
President Poroshenko's speech:
http://youtu.be/F0ImGEHvTIg

rachel91

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:16 pm
sequoia wrote:
President Poroshenko's speech:
http://youtu.be/F0ImGEHvTIg

I don't understand Ukrainian, and as I understand he is against Russian to be spoken in Ukraine anymore.
That is one of the reasons people started protesting.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:21 pm
rachel91 wrote:
I don't understand Ukrainian, and as I understand he is against Russian to be spoken in Ukraine anymore.
That is one of the reasons people started protesting.

Again -- LIES!!!

Whole regions speak Russian. It's okay. We are a linguistically, religiously, and ethnically diverse country.

I don't speak Ukrainian either Wink I had to strain to understand.

Seriously, why do you believe all these lies?

But EVEN if that were so, does that excuse acts of terrorism?

Suppose the current administration were persecuting Russian speakers in some way, DOES THAT MAKE IT OKAY TO MURDER 295 random innocent people?

Quickly, yes or no?

rachel91

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:26 pm
sequoia wrote:
Again -- LIES!!!

Whole regions speak Russian. It's okay. We are a linguistically, religiously, and ethnically diverse country.

I don't speak Ukrainian either Wink I had to strain to understand.

Seriously, why do you believe all these lies?

But EVEN if that were so, does that excuse acts of terrorism?

Suppose the current administration were persecuting Russian speakers in some way, DOES THAT MAKE IT OKAY TO MURDER 295 random innocent people?

Quickly, yes or no?

No! Murder is never ok! But there is no actual proof yet, that russian's have shot down this plane.
The reason our views are different, is propably because we get different news the US is currently against Russia. I hardly watch the news, but I hear everything from my husband, he is from Ukraine btw and is not happy with the new president.( same with the peope in donetsk you call terrorists, why are they actually terrorists)?

Chloe

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:35 pm
My heart goes out to the families and friends of the victims of the plane. It was so shocking to hear this news today. 300 purely innocent people dead. Crying

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:37 pm
rachel91 wrote:
No! Murder is never ok! But there is no actual proof yet, that russian's have shot down this plane.
The reason our views are different, is propably because we get different news the US is currently against Russia. I hardly watch the news, but I hear everything from my husband, he is from Ukraine btw and is not happy with the new president.( same with the peope in donetsk you call terrorists, why are they actually terrorists)?

They just shot down a plane, is that not enough in your estimation?

Effin' heck, I will repeat myself for the millionth time.

I don't get my information from "the news," American or otherwise. I get my information from people who are living there right this second. My grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, cousin and his family are all in Kherson. My friends are in Kiev (where they went to the Maidan every day), Odessa, and other aforementioned cities. K?

So this has nothing to do with news or what position the US administration has taken.

Got it? Good.

There are internal conflicts, as in any society. But right now the priority is eliminating the terrorist threat. Later we can worry about everything else.

rachel91

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 7:41 pm
sequoia wrote:
They just shot down a plane, is that not enough in your estimation?

Effin' heck, I will repeat myself for the millionth time.

I don't get my information from "the news," American or otherwise. I get my information from people who are living there right this second. My grandma, grandpa, aunt, uncle, cousin and his family are all in Kherson. My friends are in Kiev (where they went to the Maidan every day), Odessa, and other aforementioned cities. K?

So this has nothing to do with news or what position the US administration has taken.

Got it? Good.

There are internal conflicts, as in any society. But right now the priority is eliminating the terrorist threat. Later we can worry about everything else.

I have been to Kiev lately, the jews I know there, were against the protestors on the maidan. There were even afew antisemitic incidents.
My friend is there now and says the situation is not rosy.
Again, it is not sure yet, they were the ones who shot down that plane.(How would you know that, if not from the news)
You know that people were burnt alive in Odessa not long ago, right?
And that people fleed to Russia, because of the situation in Ukraine?

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 8:04 pm
Here's a nice article that explains everything:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new.....82001

Rachel, again, we know who did it because they took credit for it, boasted about it, and bragged about it.

That's how we know.

sequoia

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 11:47 pm
This is unbearable:
http://www.buzzfeed.com/tasnee.....obile

mirror

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 1:05 am
English article (United Kingdom):

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/w.....75008

sequoia

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 1:20 am
Here's Strelkov taking credit for it:
https://www.google.com/search?.....3B516

chaiz

Post Fri, Jul 18 2014, 3:35 am
sequoia wrote:
Here's a nice article that explains everything:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/new.....82001

That was horrible! Could not read the article because just the first few lines were sickening. How can one be excited and laugh about it??? I cannot believe such people still walk the face of this earth.
Disgusting.
Page 2 of 4 Previous  1  2  3  4  Next Recent Topics