Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey
How do I keep my shnitzel crunchy?

redroses

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 2:21 pm
We all know fresh shnitzel is the best way to go, but if I want to make it tonight and serve it for lunch on shabbos, what are tips to get and keep it as moist inside and crispy on the outside as possible?

Chickpea

Post Thu, Jul 17 2014, 9:05 pm
I wrap up the shnitzel in aluminum foil only after they've cooled off completely, otherwise they'll get soggy. I heat them up on a shabbos hot plate,approximately 10 minutes on each side. Anything more than that will dry them out, at least for the hot plate that I use. From what I understand, some hot plates heat up food faster than others. It's really trial and error. Btw, I make my shnitzel with panko,which is very crunchy.

Chickpea

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 12:32 am
Chickpea wrote:
I wrap up the shnitzel in aluminum foil only after they've cooled off completely, otherwise they'll get soggy. I heat them up on a shabbos hot plate,approximately 10 minutes on each side. Anything more than that will dry them out, at least for the hot plate that I use. From what I understand, some hot plates heat up food faster than others. It's really trial and error. Btw, I make my shnitzel with panko,which is very crunchy.

Redroses, how did your schnitzel come out this past Shabbos? Just curious.

nyer1

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 1:58 am
egg, breadcrumbs. put in deep dish pan with oil on the bottom and BAKE on 400 uncovered. comes out juicy and moist on the inside with crunchy outside. basically oven fried. you can flip them over halfway

be good

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 11:46 am
nyer1 wrote:
egg, breadcrumbs. put in deep dish pan with oil on the bottom and BAKE on 400 uncovered. comes out juicy and moist on the inside with crunchy outside. basically oven fried. you can flip them over halfway

for how long?

Chickpea

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 11:50 am
nyer1 wrote:

How much oil?
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Recipe Collection -> Chicken/ Turkey