Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Spinoff: moving out pf town for Chassidish famiky
1  2  Next

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 8:49 pm
The thread on the pros and cons of living OOT really showed me once again that OOT living provides all the benefits that we are looking for. The only thing is, we are Chassidish. Are there any good OOT communities that would be a good fit for us? We are mostly looking for the pashtus, without the conforming pressure in NYC. We want a close knit community where we will be accepted for who we are and where we can raise our children the way we think is proper without any stigma. We are NOT chassidishe bums.

Any ideas?

The link to the other thread: http://imamother.com/forum/vie.....58067

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 8:57 pm
Monsey?

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 8:59 pm
How about Waterburry, Connecticut or Chicago?

MaBelleVie

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:00 pm
amother wrote:
Monsey?

Was this a joke? LOL

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:01 pm
amother wrote:
Monsey?

How is Monsey different than Boro Park or Williamsburg?

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:08 pm
Chicago has a growing chassidish community. I (not chassidish but new here) find it accepting and non judgemental.

Chloe

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:15 pm
amother wrote:
How is Monsey different than Boro Park or Williamsburg?

While it's not OOT, it's majorly different than BP and Wmsbg.

momX4

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:16 pm
try scranton, PA . I heard it is a very warm community and has a handful or more of shtreimels.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:21 pm
Bloomingburg, New york.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:39 pm
flowerpower wrote:
How about Waterburry, Connecticut or Chicago?
diff amother here. I heard there's a heimish/chassidsish community starting in Waterbury. Is this what you were referring to? Anyone know anything about it?

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 10:00 pm
How much do you want your kids in Chassidush-only schools? Baltimore is a very warm, simple, accepting community. There aren't so many Chassidim there, but there are at least 2 Chassidush shuls. TI or (She'eris Hapleita) is a school which is run like a Cheder, and the girls schools are also very friendly towards Chassidim.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 10:02 pm
amother wrote:
diff amother here. I heard there's a heimish/chassidsish community starting in Waterbury. Is this what you were referring to? Anyone know anything about it?

also curious here. dh is interested in buying a house there.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 10:15 pm
out-of-towner wrote:
How much do you want your kids in Chassidush-only schools? Baltimore is a very warm, simple, accepting community. There aren't so many Chassidim there, but there are at least 2 Chassidush shuls. TI or (She'eris Hapleita) is a school which is run like a Cheder, and the girls schools are also very friendly towards Chassidim.

I want a solid, high quality education. I believe chassidus is something you learn at home.

flowerpower

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 11:00 pm
amother wrote:
also curious here. dh is interested in buying a house there.

I am talking about the old community- not the new one that is being developed now. I don't know much details but it can be an option to look into.

out-of-towner

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 11:05 pm
amother wrote:
I want a solid, high quality education. I believe chassidus is something you learn at home.

Definitely look into Baltimore! It's not a huge Chassidush community, but it's young and room for growth. Very warm community, not as much of the materialistic pressures. And housing isn't crazy expensive.

PM me if you want more info!

n

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:26 am
Scranton, pa might work for you! Small community with a growing chassidish kehilla...all the perks of oot-cheap housing, nice community and great atmosphere!

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 12:55 pm
amother wrote:
The good news about this is that there is already a frum community there, even without the new chassidish/heimish influx

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 1:56 pm
amother wrote:
The good news about this is that there is already a frum community there, even without the new chassidish/heimish influx

There is a heimishe community there. Which is pretty much established. They are interested in having the chassidim join them. We went to look at the place. It is really a beautiful place. The blueprints for the homes were well planned out. And the houses are all affordable of course!

Due to personal reasons, this won't be working out for us.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 3:16 pm
I live in Long Island. There are a number of areas that are kind of out of town with access to schools and stores a ride away. They have Shuls mostly Younge Israel style. Each area with Frum Yidden is a little different then the next. The largest with lots of different kind of Frum people is the 5 Towns. You may say that is too big but there are way smaller communities near by. If that would interest you let us know I'm sure there are ladies here who come from these ares. I find people here friendlier etc. etc. we end up being friends with women who we would not have gotten to know, we are respectful of each other do car pools on no busing days etc.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 3:18 pm
Staten Island?
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating