Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Spinoff: moving out pf town for Chassidish famiky
Previous  1  2

lylac

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 9:20 pm
I'm Chassidish living in Baltimore, you can PM me if you'd like to know more about the community and if you're interested in visiting, I can help you out with that.
Hatzlacha!

happy mommy6

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:12 pm
chicago has growing chasiddish community- they just opened a chasidish kollel, and have yiddish speaking boys school. it is a very warm; accepting community.

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 11:35 pm
[quote=out-of-towner]
Definitely look into Baltimore! It's not a huge Chassidush community, but it's young and room for growth. Very warm community, not as much of the materialistic pressures. And housing isn't crazy expensive.

PM me if you want more info![/quote]

lylac wrote:
I'm Chassidish living in Baltimore, you can PM me if you'd like to know more about the community and if you're interested in visiting, I can help you out with that.
Hatzlacha!

OP here. Wow, it was just a thought for me but your posts are making me really interested. What are some qualitites of the Baltimore community that make it appealing to a chassidishe family?

I will pm you after some serious discussion with DH.

OOTBubby

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 10:57 am
happy mommy6 wrote:
chicago has growing chasiddish community- they just opened a chasidish kollel, and have yiddish speaking boys school. it is a very warm; accepting community.

While the above is basically correct, please note that there are very few chassidim here; basically the members of the chassidishe kollel, a few of the melamdim in the cheder and a few others -- that's it. There is not a chassidishe community. There are those hoping to make one, but there is certainly not one yet.

And while there is a yiddish speaking boys' school and it is under chassidish administration, very few of the students and meladim are actually chassidish.

That said, yes, Chicago is a warm, accepting community to everyone.

courage2218

Post Sun, Oct 25 2015, 1:06 am
Not sure if this thread is still relevant to you but maybe Milwaukee! You can get full tuition vouchers at Yeshiva Elementary School. And its very homey. They have a girls high school. Some chassidishe teachers. Feels like a very out of town version of Flatbush. Then you would just have to send away for high school boys.
Page 2 of 2 Previous  1  2 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating