Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry
How to clean stall shower and venetian blinds

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 9:58 pm
I'm so embarrassed to ask this because I feel like I should be able to figure this one out for myself.
This is the first time I've ever had a stall shower and have no idea how to clean it. I've been usuing windex for the door and vim for the showerhead and the metal doorframe. I was told to get tilex for the floor/walls/ceiling and here's where I have a question. The instructions say to just spray and leave it -no scrubbing or anything. Is that really it? I just spray the floor, walls, and ceiling and walk away? I end up using so much of it to make sure that I spray every square inch. Am I missing something?

This place also has really cheap venetians (like, REALLY cheap -they break so easily) that I have no intention of changing them just yet. What's the easiest way to dust them (aside from getting a cleaning lady to do it)? I've been going over each blind with a wet rag, but it takes so long and because they're so cheap I'm concerned that one of them will snap while I'm going over it. Any simpler solutions?
TIA

imeinu

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 10:28 pm
hi,
dunno about the shower stall, but for the venetian blinds, I saw in home depot a special stick that has 3 microfiber prongs at the end specifically meant to dust/clean venetian blinds.

amother

Post Sun, Jul 20 2014, 11:16 pm
Take off the blinds and spray them gently in the shower. (There! You solved both problems at once!)

After they are dry, wipe them with a fabric softener sheet which should help repel dust.

BTW, the blinds are about $4 at Walmart if you do need to replace them. (We just took all of ours down because they broke so easily. Cloth curtains are way better and easier to keep clean.)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 10:07 pm
Thanks for the help! I'm definitely going to look into the stick at home depot. I have lots of big windows in my place so the thought of taking down all the blinds would be too big of a job.

Any ideas regarding how to clean the shower stall? (I can't imagine that I'm the only one who has one!!)

amother

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 10:37 pm
Paid a fortune for my seamless glass shower sliding doors and can't seem to get it clear and clean its full of water marks very disappointed-When I told the person I bought it from he said I could've had it treated but he didn't offer it at the time and now he doesn't seem to care or offer any advice. If anyone out there knows what works would really appreciate- have a pretty new bathroom

mommyla

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 10:46 pm
Vinegar. Spray it on the glass, let it sit, wipe it off. Then make sure you squeegee regularly. It's a pain in the neck but it helps prevent the water spots!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Cleaning & Laundry