Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management
Moving right after Birth - a/o w experience?

amother

Post Mon, Jul 21 2014, 2:50 am
Has a/o had any experience moving from one city to another a month after they gave birth?

I'm due with my second and plan to move from Israel back to the US a month after I give birth. Should I be considering the option of doing this all BEFORE I give birth? Is moving with 2 kids (one a newborn) hard?

Please help!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 12:44 pm
I moved across town, 3 months after giving birth. B"H I had recuperated from labor by that point, but it was still difficult packing up everything while also taking care of the baby. The day of the actual move was also challenging, trying to take care of the baby while also running back and forth between the 2 apartments, and directing the movers. Not impossible, but not easy.

In retrospect, though, I could have made it easier. Had I hired someone to babysit for a couple of hours a day so that I could pack, and then had someone else watch the baby during the day of the move, I think it would have been more manageable.

Obviously my situation is very different from yours...I can't imagine trying to have moved when my baby was 1 month old, even just based on how I was feeling physically. Let alone with another child in the house to take care of, or for such a big move from Israel to the US.

If it were me, and I still had the koach to pull of the move prior to having the baby, I would attempt do so. But if you are unable to, and will move after the baby is 1 month, I'd definitely suggest getting LOTS of help before and after the move; have people ready to babysit, people to help you pack up and unpack, basically as many extra hands as you can get to help you out.

Hatzlachah!

faigy123

Post Tue, Jul 22 2014, 4:31 pm
I moved back from isreal 4 weeks after giving birth was quiet difficult but better then before giving birth, to me its would be much harder then
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics