Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Strollers
My Citi Mini Snapped into Two- what should I get next?
1  2  Next

Sara255

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:47 pm
I have a citi mini which snapped into two pieces today when I was shlepping it up stairs with tons of groceries. I need to get a new stroller but I am wondering if what I need exists, can anyone advise?
1. Very strong- I am a complete stroller abuser. I shlep groceries and go up stairs. I need it to last at least two years.
2. Washable! my citi mini drove me crazy because I couldn't remove the whole cover and wash it in the machine.
3. Small enough to go on public transportation without making everyone around me angry
4. Somewhat attractive- I thought my citi mini was pretty ugly, especially because I couldn't wash it
5. Not insanely expensive
6. maybe convertible (not a must)

I like the bugaboo bee and possibly the uppa baby umbrella stroller (esp. the price!) I also am thinking about the city select b.c. it's convertible.

any ideas or advice?

mummiedearest

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:55 pm
how old is the baby? this may make a big difference.

suzyq

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 12:58 pm
The city select can't be folded with the seats on. I wouldn't take it on public transportation.

I have a MacLaren Techno which I really like. It fits all your criteria except for the convertible part.

Sara255

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:02 pm
my baby is two but he is very skinny so I'm not insisting on it being a big wide seat or anything like that.

about the Maclaren Techno- you can take off the whole canopy, seat etc and wash it in the machine? It might be absolutely perfect then!!!

suzyq

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:05 pm
Yes, you can take off all the fabric and wash it. It all snaps into place around the frame. It actually washes really nicely (my son got it quite dirty and once it came out of the washing machine, it looked brand new!).

Sara255

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:07 pm
omg I'm sold
I hope they have it in denim here...

Sara255

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:09 pm
I see the denim strollers are the Maclaren Quest. What is the difference between that & Techno?

suzyq

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:36 pm
I think the Quest is a little smaller and less sturdy (and cheaper).

Tekky

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 1:57 pm
The Maclarens are real umbrella strollers - that means zero storage space and you can't exactly shlep home your groceries in it - just in case you plan on using it as such.

Sara255

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:01 pm
ya I am... now I'm looking at uppababy gluxe which is prob right for me... need to see if they have it in israel.

manhattanmom

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:04 pm
just for the record--how old was your city mini? I've taken my whole seat off and thrown it in the wash. True, it was complicated to get it back on, but it does come off unlike a lot of other way more expensive strollers.

Is it newer ones that can't be washed that way? (Mine is a 2010 model)

Last edited by manhattanmom on Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:05 pm; edited 1 time in total

Tekky

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:05 pm
Chasdei Shmuel started carrying Uppababy - call them.

be aware that the prices in Israel are usually a nice 50% more than normal. If you know a/o coming (in this nutty time) you'd save $$. In addition, their American customer service is great, while here it's unknown what they'll do and how they'll handle issues (then again you don't want to have to send your stroller back to the US for repairs)

Another BTW - the Uppababy is not necessarily stronger than the Maclarens. If you are willing to spend more, you should go for the Cruz (soon to go on massive sale in the US) or Versa (currently selling for the same price as the Uppababy, pretty much)

gp2.0

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:10 pm
As strollers are not really made to shlep anything other than a diaper bag, the basket and handle tend to be the weakest points on any stroller. Just saying.

MaBelleVie

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 2:13 pm
Mountain buggy strollers are real workhorses. The swift model is pretty compact.

mommm

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:11 pm
Sara255 wrote:
I have a citi mini which snapped into two pieces today when I was shlepping it up stairs with tons of groceries. I need to get a new stroller but I am wondering if what I need exists, can anyone advise?
1. Very strong- I am a complete stroller abuser. I shlep groceries and go up stairs. I need it to last at least two years.
2. Washable! my citi mini drove me crazy because I couldn't remove the whole cover and wash it in the machine.
3. Small enough to go on public transportation without making everyone around me angry
4. Somewhat attractive- I thought my citi mini was pretty ugly, especially because I couldn't wash it
5. Not insanely expensive
6. maybe convertible (not a must)

I like the bugaboo bee and possibly the uppa baby umbrella stroller (esp. the price!) I also am thinking about the city select b.c. it's convertible.

any ideas or advice?
a city mini has a lifetime warranty on the frame you can have them ship you another one for FREE

Sara255

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:20 pm
1. thanks for everyone's super helpful replies.
2. I'll check out chasdei shmuel and a store in geula tomorrow. in my hours and hours of spare time lol. but this is priority A1...
3. my citi mini was bought in israel in 2012. I really abused it- do you still think I could get a new frame? The stroller broke while it was holding tons of produce (prob about 30 pounds) plus my 20 pound toddler, plus it was being bounced up stairs....so basically I am a convicted stroller abuser. Why should they agree to give me a new stroller?
4. I will have to stop doing this to my future strollers... so I am thinking to still get the uppababy and go easier on it. how cheap will the cruz be during the sale?

Tekky

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:26 pm
Why not try to give them a call? Can't hurt.

You just say that your frame broke - don't offer any more details, unless they specifically ask.

Tekky

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 3:30 pm
Sale on the Cruz won't be until the end of the summer/beginning of the fall.

it's such a great stroller, but apparently it just didn't sell well.

seems that all three major companies' mid-range strollers just didnt' sell well enuf for them.

that would be the baby jogger city versa, uppababy cruz, and stokke scoot, although there will be a new scoot coming out that is supposed to be great.

chocolate chips

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 5:21 pm
Try call them, a stroller frame should NOT snap.
That said, many companies have a clause that voids the warranty if it snapped by using on the stairs. Since most strollers are strangely not made for stairs (not the NY and Israel kind anyway).

newmother

Post Wed, Jul 23 2014, 7:34 pm
I had a city elite that also snapped in two. I called baby jogger and after a lot of hassle and emails with pictures they sent me a new frame and I had to ship back the old one. They only sent the frame so don't get excited about a new seat cover ect
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics