Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Organizing
White board vs large wall calender

amother

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:56 pm
I'm considering a large wall mounted some thing to keep the household organized. In terms of appointments, etc. Would you recommend a white board calender or extra large wall calender? What's best to keep efficient? TIA.

mummiedearest

Post Thu, Jul 24 2014, 10:57 pm
I would not get a white board. things are too easily erased by mistake, and you can't schedule things months in advance.

kollel wife

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 11:50 am
I have both. The white board (markers high up and put away) is to remind me of things I want to do, errands, phone calls.
The large wall calendar - (made of paper from Staples) helps me see the whole week. I mostly put on there appointments, kids starting and ending camp, things like that. I can see at a glance, this Sunday is very full of dentist appointments, then Wednesday these two things at 4:00 and 5:00 pm. Can also know what today's date is, what the date of next Monday will be.

But the white board reminds me - pick up socks, call xxxx, pay back xxx, return milk to xxx

Get it?

it works pretty well.

busydev

Post Fri, Jul 25 2014, 12:01 pm
we have a white board and a large calendar (not extra large)

our calendar is for appts and things like that. our white board is for our shopping lists, for numbers and messages, for menu planning and marking off whats done... things like that. they hang next to each other in the kitchen.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics