Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
9 days question

amother

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 1:53 pm
Is it ok to wear a skirt during the 9 days that I brought to the dry cleaners before this past Shabbos? They told me that I can't pick it up until Wednesday bc they're closed for vacation on monday and tuesday. I don't have enough skirts to last the whole 9 days. I know, I know, I know I should have planned better and I should ask a rabbi, but just want your opinion . There's also the issue of maris ayin. I follow Ashkenazi minhagim btw.
I posted amother bc I don't want you to know how stupid I am.

lifesagift

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 2:11 pm
I recall that in such a situation you can drop it on the floor before wearing so that its not super-fresh. Dont know if its your minhag tho, why dont u ask your dh/mom?

Aylat

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 3:53 pm
Not stupid at all, why are you so hard on yourself? I learned you can tread on the clothing on a dusty floor or put it in the dirty laundry basket for a while to remove the pristine freshness.

causemommysaid

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 4:02 pm
not sure why you think your stupid. you just forgot. big deal.

drop it on the floor and step on it a couple times and your good to go.

Miri1

Post Sun, Jul 27 2014, 9:13 pm
Even if they had time to clean it before the nine days started, there may still a shayla of maris ayin - just ask your rav.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions