Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Vacation and Traveling
New Hampshire

amother

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 12:22 pm
I am going to New Hampshire for a week with my husband and few young children.
anyone have recommendations of attractions for little children? any farms, zoos, vegetable picking....?
anything like that in close proximity to Lincoln?

doctorima

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 1:31 pm
Clark's Trading Post is wonderful! Also, Lost River caves are beautiful and lots of fun. I don't think there's any zoos or farms there. People usually go for the natural beauty of the area; there are hikes of all difficulties. There's also boating (see Echo Lake) and trams to the top of mountains (Loon and Cannon).

perquacky

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 1:53 pm
Storyland amusement park in Glen, NH isn't very far away and is fun for the kids.

thanks

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 7:22 pm
Sandy beach on echo lake.

Lovelymom1

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 7:55 pm
I am also interested in going and was wondering about accommodations. Will you be staying in a place that has minyan? Is there kosher food in the area? I did hear a lot of nice attractions in the area, like bear shows.

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 8:10 pm
I don't know what your kids like but I did not have a good time in clarks trading post.

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 8:21 pm
hobo railroad and miniature golf is right next door. when we went on the rail they had a clown that blew up balloons for everyone and made different balloon figurines and they gave out coloring books and crayons. mount cannon was fun but I don't know what ages your kids are. we did the hike up to the lookout tower after we rode the tram up the mountain. we did not take a stroller on the hike but we did up the tram or whatever it's called. hiking in the state parks- we found a simple trail. parked the stroller and hoped no one would take it and did a itsy bitsy hike. we did this with a 20 month old who loved walking. we went caving (lake river gorge) but my 20 month old could not do the caves so I just stayed on the trail with her plus there must have been a 1000 stairs. It was a blast but if you have a few really little ones this is too hard to do. I saw some chassidim come to the caves pushing baby strollers which was a shame because once you go in you cannot take a stroller with you plus they were wearing super nice clothes and if you actually go into the caves you need to crawl through some of them. And I can't see how you can do that in nice clothes.so it's always best to go to these places in not-such-great-clothes.

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 8:26 pm
supposedly three cultures deli has cholov yisrael milk and cheese and chicken but we never went there. that's what I heard, didn't see it firsthand.if you don't eat c'y you have a lot of options in terms of kosher snacks in the major grocery stores.

octopus

Post Mon, Jul 28 2014, 8:29 pm
and you should order the new hampshire guide.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics