Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating
Searching for modern yeshivish com in USA/Canada
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6

grace413

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 3:57 pm
Ruchel wrote:
Thank you! Who could tell me more on Milwaukee??

It's cold. Very Happy

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:02 pm
Thi is a serious thread, like about real humans Very Happy

monseychick

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:12 pm
octopus wrote:
brooklyn?
it doesn't have an eiruv that is accepted by everyone, though. city living is tough like that. but in terms of tuition and organizations to help you, those you can find. Bais Yaakov of Boro Park (50% of the school lives in flatbush) is $5500 and that is without a tuition break. Yeshiva Torah Vodaath has a cheaper tuition (comparable to BYBP) while the other yeshivas are a couple of thousand dollars more. Torah Vodaath isn't easy to get into these days, but you just need to apply early enough. none of these schools are fancy, even though there are a few fancy ppl. In terms of education-look there is a big gap between the MO schools and the more right wing schools, but in terms of elementary schools I just mentioned the education is okay/good.

real estate is real expensive but price of living is cheaper than out of town. kosher meats and chicken are cheaper, real estate tax is cheaper, and tuition is cheaper.

How quickly we forgot the thread about the nightmare of getting children into Brooklyn schools even when you've lived there 25 years

monseychick

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:19 pm
amother wrote:
LOL. NMB is far from a dream paradise.

A yeed was just killed there in broad daylight going to shul

amother

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 4:31 pm
Ruchel wrote:
We don't have tv! we also aren't used to fancy facilities/ressources. We def would rather pay less for a simpler service as long as the academic level fits...
MO in America seems much more tzioni and progressive oriented than the old school Euro MO I am familiar with. I don't think it's for us.

wow just got several pms!! thanks so much, ladies!
Just bear in mind our tuition budget, and no Gemarra for girls/more of the right wing feel!

Why ??

Ruchel

Post Mon, Sep 15 2014, 5:46 pm
I don't have to justify being from another culture to you, anonymous questioner.
But no Gemara because it is a given, and right wing feel because it seems it's a must to have a conservative atmosphere outside of Europe.

amother

Post Thu, Sep 18 2014, 11:41 pm
Dallas? We have the schools and mix of people. Housing is only in your price in the newest Eruv but it's growing and still close. It's hot in the summer but everywhere has freezing a/c and by sept it's fine.

What kind of work does your husband do? What are you interested in doing part time? Keep in mind that outside of the ny/j area the govt doesn't pay for anything in terms of therapies , preschool etc .

Like in most places, tuition is just based in your income and housing costs. We pay monthly, not over ten months. Our school accepts it all up front or broken into 12 monthly payments as automatic debits from your bank account.
Page 6 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Inquiries & Offers -> Moving/ Relocating