Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Judaism -> Halachic Questions and Discussions
If I am Tznius, can I swim with men?
1  2  Next

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 10:55 am
If I am Tznius, can I swim if there is a man in the pool?

naturalmom5

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:03 am
No, next question Smile

It's a din in mixed swimming

Nothing to do with how you are dressed

starch

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:05 am
No.

sequoia

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:08 am
Then what are tznius swim clothes for?

joy613

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:08 am
sequoia wrote:

If men can see you.

zohar

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:10 am
For non mixed swimming in an open area. Maybe a beach. Maybe for water rides. I know someone who bought it to go jet skiing.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:20 am
My rabbi is fine with it. Ask yours, not a bunch of strangers on the internet.

Anon because I've no desire to be flamed.

PAMOM

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:18 pm
Definitely ask your LOR. Despite what you may read here, there are various opinions

imasinger

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:25 pm
While at the town pool this summer (in my tznius bathing suit), I met my rebbitzin (in hers). Smile

sky

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:41 pm
I would not.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:45 pm
wrote:
While at the town pool this summer (in my tznius bathing suit), I met my rebbitzin (in hers). Smile

Could you send a link to your bathing suit? I'm fascinated by the concept. Because I can't figure out what kind of material would allow me to stay tzniudik once it got wet. It would be bound to cling, and I'm not a skinny board.
Then there's another market for tznius bathing suits - women who only swim with women in secure, not exposed to anyone pools. A regular bathing suit is good enough for me.

marina

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:55 pm
Hashem loves me wrote:
If men can see you.

How is this, halachically speaking, different from men going swimming in the same pool?

imasinger

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:08 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Could you send a link to your bathing suit? I'm fascinated by the concept. Because I can't figure out what kind of material would allow me to stay tzniudik once it got wet. It would be bound to cling, and I'm not a skinny board.
Then there's another market for tznius bathing suits - women who only swim with women in secure, not exposed to anyone pools. A regular bathing suit is good enough for me.

http://modestswimwear4u.com/

Watch the video on the home page to see how it looks when wet in or when emerging from the water.

PinkFridge

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:16 pm
imasinger wrote:
http://modestswimwear4u.com/

Watch the video on the home page to see how it looks when wet in or when emerging from the water.

Can't override k9 right now. Thanks.

debsey

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 1:38 pm
Ask your rabbi. All else is just opinions. Some say yes. Some say no. I have a swim dress for when I go swimming with my kids (my older boys) but I have friends who wouldn't even do that.
It's not necessarily a "covering up" issue. There may be a seperate halachic category for this. But I'm not a rabbi, so I won't speculate.
Ask one!

shabbatiscoming

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:26 pm
PinkFridge wrote:
Here is how the swim suits are made. They are all bathing suit material so it does not stick as you get out of the water. http://modestswimwear4u.com/sw.....-made

I have one. It is a short sleeve shirt, biker shorts and a skirt that actually has a snap so the skirt wont flap around in the water. It is all lycra or some material like that. It dries pretty quickly. I have worn this to the beach, to a mixed pool. I felt completely covered up and not half naked. Smile Its great because my husband loves going to the beach and now I dont feel weird at the beach.

chanchy123

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:49 pm
I do this. But not as a social thing.

imasinger

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:38 pm
shabbatiscoming wrote:
Here is how the swim suits are made. They are all bathing suit material so it does not stick as you get out of the water. http://modestswimwear4u.com/sw.....-made

I have one. It is a short sleeve shirt, biker shorts and a skirt that actually has a snap so the skirt wont flap around in the water. It is all lycra or some material like that. It dries pretty quickly. I have worn this to the beach, to a mixed pool. I felt completely covered up and not half naked. Smile Its great because my husband loves going to the beach and now I dont feel weird at the beach.

On me, the shirt and pants are 3/4 length, covering elbows and knees with plenty of room to spare. The romper/skirt is below the knee, too. PF, you want me to pm you a picture?

Last edited by imasinger on Tue, Jul 29 2014, 5:07 pm; edited 1 time in total

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 4:57 pm
sequoia wrote:

I use mine for tubing down the Delaware!

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 5:47 pm
I wear this bottom http://www.koshercasual.com/Wo......html

with a rash guard from lands end, long sleeve, dark color with a pattern.

AYLOR.
Page 1 of 2 1  2  Next Recent Topics