Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Working Women
Help with career choices

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 11:41 am
Can you wonderful imamothers help me find the ideal job for me?

I am pretty good with English; in fact, my current job requires my Enlish language skills. I am a disciplined person. I enjoy when things make sense. I am constantly lauded for my clarity of thought and expression. My IQ is probably above average. (I say probably because I've never officially been tested. I have taken home self-tests to determine my IQ.)

I have a creative touch too. I enjoy painting, decorating my house, and creating various handmade projects.

I am willing to go to school for 2-3 years. I have a good head and love learning, but I already have 2 children. Therefore, the ideal would be online courses or at least on campus only part-time.

I am more of a loner, so I wouldn't consider something that requires constant working with other people, such as speech therapy, etc. I do not want to work in the healthcare or medical field either. The ideal job for me would be something that, once I gain sufficient skill, I can eventually be self-employed or work from home.

Is there anything that would be suitable for me? Confused

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:40 pm
Are you me?

kollel wife

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 12:54 pm
Your ability to work alone and not need social stimulation is a very good skill.
Writing/technical writing/medical documentation or entry/editing/translating/accounting/computer programming are things that come to mind.
Not sure about the artistic side.

Good luck.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 2:41 pm
kollel wife wrote:
Your ability to work alone and not need social stimulation is a very good skill.
Writing/technical writing/medical documentation or entry/editing/translating/accounting/computer programming are things that come to mind.
Not sure about the artistic side.

Good luck.

OP here.
Can you tell me more about medical documentation? What does it entail?
I've actually considered accounting numerous times but the pesach-time crunch has always kept me back. So you're on the right track...
Keep thinking!

Sherri

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 3:07 pm
There's a poster here, Tova, who is an accountant and can tell you about her job (she says she is not working in a field that has the April crunch-time).

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 9:58 pm
What about web development?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 9:15 pm
Bump

debsey

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 9:16 pm
amother wrote:
Can you wonderful imamothers help me find the ideal job for me?

I am pretty good with English; in fact, my current job requires my Enlish language skills. I am a disciplined person. I enjoy when things make sense. I am constantly lauded for my clarity of thought and expression. My IQ is probably above average. (I say probably because I've never officially been tested. I have taken home self-tests to determine my IQ.)

I have a creative touch too. I enjoy painting, decorating my house, and creating various handmade projects.

I am willing to go to school for 2-3 years. I have a good head and love learning, but I already have 2 children. Therefore, the ideal would be online courses or at least on campus only part-time.

I am more of a loner, so I wouldn't consider something that requires constant working with other people, such as speech therapy, etc. I do not want to work in the healthcare or medical field either. The ideal job for me would be something that, once I gain sufficient skill, I can eventually be self-employed or work from home.

s there anything that would be suitable for me? Confused

What about graphic design, marketing, or app development?

Beach Bum

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 9:25 pm
What about advertising?

amother

Post Thu, Jul 31 2014, 9:34 pm
I am the second poster who said 'are you me'. From what you wrote I am very similar to you except for the last thing that you wrote that you're somewhat of a loner-I am both a loner at times and love interacting with people at other times. I am actually currently going for career counseling and here are some of the top few options that would seemingly go well with my personality and interests. (The ones that involve a lot of interaction would probably not apply to you.):

photo editor

technical writer

librarian

teacher

interior decorator

And just recently I'm thinking about app development.

Just some thoughts. Good luck!
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics