Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Parenting our children
Is this a problem?

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 5:19 pm
Is the following a safety problem?

When I drop my DC off at camp, I have DC#2 in the car waiting to go to the babysitter. I will pull up RIGHT in front of camps house and walk DC#1 to the door fully in sight of my car.

Depending on the weather I will either have the car locked with windows open (I can hear baby start crying from her front door), or leave the car running and locked (I have a remote starter) with either the a/c or heat.

Is there any reason that I should also drag out #2 and then have to put the baby back into the car seat before going on my merry way? Is this really a safety issue?

TIA

Dandelion1

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 5:27 pm
I don't see a problem with baby being in car with windows open as long as you are only a few feet away and in full sight. I personally would never leave car on though.

ElTam

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 5:35 pm
I did this when my kids were little as long as I could see the car. Other people might hold differently. I always locked the door, using the key to do so so that I never locked the keys in the car. (I carried two keys so I could lock the door and still leave the heat or a/c running.)

gittelchana

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 5:38 pm
amother wrote:
Is the following a safety problem?

When I drop my DC off at camp, I have DC#2 in the car waiting to go to the babysitter. I will pull up RIGHT in front of camps house and walk DC#1 to the door fully in sight of my car.

Depending on the weather I will either have the car locked with windows open (I can hear baby start crying from her front door), or leave the car running and locked (I have a remote starter) with either the a/c or heat.

Is there any reason that I should also drag out #2 and then have to put the baby back into the car seat before going on my merry way? Is this really a safety issue?

TIA

I'd advise against leaving the car running while you're not in it. Lock the doors and leave the windows closed and don't let the car leave your sight.

You have to think like a car thief to prevent one from taking the car with your kids inside. Leaving the car running is making it very easy for someone to drive away with your car.

amother

Post Tue, Jul 29 2014, 5:41 pm
gittelchana wrote:
I'd advise against leaving the car running while you're not in it. Lock the doors and leave the windows closed and don't let the car leave your sight.

You have to think like a car thief to prevent one from taking the car with your kids inside. Leaving the car running is making it very easy for someone to drive away with your car.

I dont leave the keys in the car. I turn the car off and take out the keys. then I go out (so I dont lock my keys in the car by mistake) and turn the car back on with the remote starter. the car is running, but cannot go without keys in the ignition.
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics