Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains
*Mandr's Deal Thread*
  Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 8:02 pm
Rosemarie wrote:
I see notebooks for 50¢. Is there a coupon to make it cheaper? Or is it in store only?

The deal is in store only, but it's on the spiral notebooks. The $.50 notebooks you see online are composition notebooks. Several of this week's in store deals are available online, too, but only with a $25 purchase. Staples white glue for 10¢ (seems to be no limit online! In store limit is 3, I believe), wooden rulers for 35¢, index cards for 48¢. They also have a good price on a four-part of glue sticks ($1), although it's cheaper in store.
If you're looking for something to buy to reach the $25 minimum, check this out: http://kollelbudget.com/case-o.....bate/

LittleDucky

Post Mon, Jul 13 2015, 11:35 pm
Walgreens: spend $30 and get 5,000 points good on a future purchase. That's at least $5 off! But must do today or Tuesday. Scan coupon on the front of the ad.
Rest of deals are good all week long: (have them scan the in ad coupons)
Highlighters or 2 pocket folders are 6/$1. Limit 6. Wexford brand
Filler paper, glue, tab dividers: 69 cents limit 4. Wexford brand
8 pack pencils, 5 in scissors, 1 subject notebook: 49 cents limit 4. Wexford brand.
Kleenex: $1 limit 3
Bumblebee tuna 69 cents (ok, not a school supply deal but while you are there...). Limit 3
Backpacks are BOGO.
Mead notebooks, composition books and others: BOGO.
Free pens (for the kids) with purchase of other pack of fancier pens (for you!) see ad...

Plus, register your rewards card online and "clip" a coupon to earn points on every purchase. It only is worth pennies but it does add up. You can't earn and redeem points at the same time....

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 9:02 am
LittleDucky wrote:
Walgreens: spend $30 and get 5,000 points good on a future purchase. That's at least $5 off! But must do today or Tuesday. Scan coupon on the front of the ad.
Rest of deals are good all week long: (have them scan the in ad coupons)
Highlighters or 2 pocket folders are 6/$1. Limit 6. Wexford brand
Filler paper, glue, tab dividers: 69 cents limit 4. Wexford brand
8 pack pencils, 5 in scissors, 1 subject notebook: 49 cents limit 4. Wexford brand.
Kleenex: $1 limit 3
Bumblebee tuna 69 cents (ok, not a school supply deal but while you are there...). Limit 3
Backpacks are BOGO.
Mead notebooks, composition books and others: BOGO.
Free pens (for the kids) with purchase of other pack of fancier pens (for you!) see ad...

Plus, register your rewards card online and "clip" a coupon to earn points on every purchase. It only is worth pennies but it does add up. You can't earn and redeem points at the same time....

Are these deals available at Duane Reade too?

Amelia Bedelia

Post Tue, Jul 14 2015, 10:25 pm
Bump

LittleDucky

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 2:23 am
I am sorry but I don't know for sure. They are owned by walgreens but not every deal is valid in every area. [CVS this week does not have a sale ad this week in every area either- it is very frustrating.]
I looked up on the website for the first Duane Reade that popped up:
http://walgreens2.shoplocal.co.....ber=1

Glue is 69 cents- much cheaper in staples this week.
Kleenex is 99 cents
miscellaneous wexford school supplies 49 cents

So many of the deals aren't the same but it pays to keep checking the websites for the weekly deals... But for those who live/work near a Walgreens some of those deals might be worth it.
But the "everyday points" is still valid if you load it to your card. 10 points per dollar spent and that is on top of other points you might earn (1000 points is at least a dollar depending on how many you "spend" at once so it really isnt a lot of points but it does eventually add up...)and the points booster that expired already was also valid at Duane Reade.

JMM-uc

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 2:30 am
It's Amazon's birthday today!!!

Check out the special discounts!

(you must have prime)

sky

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 8:36 am
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
The deal is in store only, but it's on the spiral notebooks. The $.50 notebooks you see online are composition notebooks. Several of this week's in store deals are available online, too, but only with a $25 purchase. Staples white glue for 10¢ (seems to be no limit online! In store limit is 3, I believe), wooden rulers for 35¢, index cards for 48¢. They also have a good price on a four-part of glue sticks ($1), although it's cheaper in store.
If you're looking for something to buy to reach the $25 minimum, check this out: http://kollelbudget.com/case-o.....bate/

Thank you. I ordered the paper, glue and Dixon Ticonderoga pencils.

Crayola crayons 50¢ in store.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Wed, Jul 15 2015, 10:38 am
sky wrote:
Thank you. I ordered the paper, glue and Dixon Ticonderoga pencils.

Crayola crayons 50¢ in store.

What's the link for the pencils? Is it a good price?

Chayalle

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 12:09 pm
Walmart had pretty decent prices for most supplies, like .50 for crayons...but I found that glue was pretty expensive this season. I'm sure I've paid less than 1.44 each for a small elmers in the past.

Anyone care to share elmers bargains?

TIA!

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 12:15 pm
Today is the last day to get 4reams of printer paper for 4 cents total! Go to staples.com and print the coupon. Buy in store at staples and submit a rebate that prints out.
Get it practically free!

LittleDucky

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 12:18 pm
Chayalle wrote:
Walmart had pretty decent prices for most supplies, like .50 for crayons...but I found that glue was pretty expensive this season. I'm sure I've paid less than 1.44 each for a small elmers in the past.

Anyone care to share elmers bargains?

TIA!

Staples last week had some but I don't know if the deal is still going on. Office Depot this week had some on sale- it's not Elmer's brand but spend $5 and get glue for 1 penny!

sky

Post Tue, Jul 21 2015, 2:01 pm
Amelia Bedelia wrote:
What's the link for the pencils? Is it a good price?

Sorry, I just saw this now. It wasn't amazing. But I like their pencils because they last and sharpen much longer, so seeing it was on sale I picked them up.

Amelia Bedelia

Post Mon, Aug 10 2015, 5:58 pm
Artscroll Youth Haggadah for $4.91!!!

http://kollelbudget.com/amazon.....-off/

kb

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 12:35 am
50% off lands end knapsack and free shipping

sky

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 9:11 am
kb wrote:
50% off lands end knapsack and free shipping

How? I didn't get an e-mail and its not on their website.

ETA: Never mind, just saw:

Right now at Lands’ End you can get 50 percent off the company’s classmate backpacks, plus free shipping and monogramming. All for just $14.99.

This offer is good today for Friday, August 14.

Visit LandsEnd.com and use the promo code “GMA” and PIN "2015"

Thank you.

Last edited by sky on Fri, Aug 14 2015, 9:14 am; edited 2 times in total

2cents

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 9:12 am
hi! can you put a link ti the deal on the lands end knapsack? I can't find it online. thanks!

kb

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 9:56 am
http://kosheronabudget.com/50-.....ping/

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 10:07 am
I just want to note this is not the lowest price on these backpacks, so if you don't need for this school year, you may want to wait.
A medium classmate would be about $20 now; I bought a medium classmate in February for 13.49 (matching lunchbox for 7.49) with clearance and promotions combined.
But for back to school sales, this is a great price, as they're not on clearance. Also, the clearance items don't necessarily have matching lunchboxes if that is something one wants.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 10:12 am
And the cheapest ones at $15 are good for little preschoolers, and that's about it. It won't fit a regular size folder height wise (we have the TinyTake which is no longer made, and that is 14" high and didn't work for my pre-K kid this past year; these first classmates are 13.5" high) -- make sure you get the size you need for your child Smile

I am thinking of getting my oldest a new one because his Featherlight 100 barely worked for him last year, and in 5th grade he may need a bigger size, but it's hard for me to know. The medium gives him a bit more space (my next few kids have that and it's definitely somewhat bigger), but I might just get him a large and it will last him through the end of elementary school.
Does anyone know if this incarnation of classmates have inside pockets? Maybe I'll chat them.

Hashem_Yaazor

Post Fri, Aug 14 2015, 10:18 am
(The monogramming may make it a better deal than what I said, but I don't like monogramming as I want the option to use them for others.)
Page 5 of 6   Previous  1  2  3  4  5  6  Next Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Household Management -> Budgeting & Bargains