Home
    Private Messages   Advanced Search   Rules   New User Guide   FAQ   Advertise   Contact Us  
Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars
Fan running constantly

myname1

Post Sun, Aug 03 2014, 3:17 am
We just inherited a well-used Amcor refrigerator. It seems to work great- freezer stuff is frozen, refrigerator stuff is refrigerated. The issue is the fan in the freezer is on constantly! On Shabbos we had the freezer on medium and the refrigerator on high, and the motor turned off for I think 20 minutes the entire day. Motzei Shabbos we turned both down to low, and it made the refrigerator motor sound off more often, but the fan in the freezer is still constantly running. It's loud, which is annoying, but we're more concerned with the electricity and just weirdness of it. We're not used to a no-frost refrigerator- is this close to normal? My husband thinks it could be because we don't have enough food at the moment to really fill it- so their is not enough in the freezer to make everything stay really cold without the fan circulating. Anyone agree? We are going to try a bunch of frozen water bottles until we have more food. But has anyone experienced this? I know people complain about loud refrigerators, but is it always constant like this??
Page 1 of 1 Recent Topics

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Forum -> Shopping -> Household Products, Kitchen Appliances, Furniture & Cars